It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:33 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
SpartanMyth wrote:
But then he has only a 3+, most of the time Abbaddon will now get his 2+, and fate weaver can be made to run away after one wound which helps to balance him out as well as him face planting the floor if he was flying that turn. With allies why bother with abbaddon getting re rolls? You can take fate weaver and get them anyway

Because he's as expensive as a Bloodthirster without any of its speed. He needs something; either drop him to 225 or 200 points, or give him something new. He IS the Warmaster of the Black Legion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:38 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

It is only a rumour guys & 200 points is to little for abbadon - maybe 250 but not 275. if his attacks either get instant death or the a rule that gain lost wounds back after each kill then he would be god.

we will have to wait and see

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:02 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
michael01120 wrote:
It is only a rumour guys & 200 points is to little for abbadon - maybe 250 but not 275. if his attacks either get instant death or the a rule that gain lost wounds back after each kill then he would be god.

we will have to wait and see

His attacks are already strength 8, and usually inflict instant death.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:40 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Well considering CSM is a old codex now and Abaddon is still beast even though newer codexs are better stats imagine how good Abaddon was when he came out. So now they are making a new release and increaseing Abaddon's stats.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:24 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

I just realised that he has a daemon weapon so he can kill himself....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:47 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

is he not immune to that rule ? would be a laugh to see abbadon kill himself (so long as you were not the player controlling him) But that should be fixed in the upcoming version of the codex

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:01 am 

If he just had rerollable 2+ save and no 4+ it would surfice the point value.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:19 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I love abbadon in game , but I agree he is to expensive , I would love to see him become calga cost or the cost of a fully kitted hive tyrant.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:53 am 

Yes that's the thing with old Abby. The CSM codex is a pretty old codex meaning a lot of the units are outdated and can be easily crushed by other models. But Abaddon is one of the few models who actually stand a chance in the more updated codexs. If Abaddon is this good now imagian how good he was when they released the CSM codex. However he did cost a lot because unlike Matt Ward, Gav Thorpe saw he was too chessey and raised the price dramatically to make it fair. Now with the new dex coming out they are going to keep Abaddon's point cost but give him extra dose of Awsome sauce. So to answer the previous question they probably won't reduce his cost but they'll give home more awesome stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:28 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

If the rumours of re-roll saves is true then he will be classed as cheese regardless of the cost. Although I hope he gives army benefits like Logan or even sacrifice cultists to gain more attacks ect.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:15 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Can you roll a safe for a daemon weapon wound? :O I didn't know that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:42 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

you can roll a invulnerable save at the moment , but some rumours point to daemon weapons being AP 3 & abbadon getting a AP 2 weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:59 am 

michael01120 wrote:
you can roll a invulnerable save at the moment , but some rumours point to daemon weapons being AP 3 & abbadon getting a AP 2 weapon.

I heard the same rumor and this makes sence because Abaddon is a walking legend even from the great crusade and the Horus Heresy and is Warmaster of all of Chaos. If he can't penetrate some puny artificer armour it seems like a betrayal to the fluff.

michael01120 wrote:
If the rumours of re-roll saves is true then he will be classed as cheese regardless of the cost. Although I hope he gives army benefits like Logan or even sacrifice cultists to gain more attacks ect.

I doubt he will give the army benefits because that is more of a space marine thing, chaos have never done that before they have done marks instead. Re-roll of saves would be enough though plus with all the other stuff he already has to make up the point difference but I think he should have rerolls on his armour not his invulnerable save due to the fact his aroumor is probably the best terminator armour Chaos has while his invulnerable save is him just for being a lord, a very prestiged lord but a lord none the less.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

I agree with what you said , but if he could unlock an elite type of cultists would be fun. originally he was meant to unlock terminators as troops but recent rumours have put that aside.

I wonder if Phil kelly keeps with 4+ invulnerable save or he changes the mark of tzeench to :
re-roll failed armour saves & maybe invulnerable depending on how he would balance it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:03 am 

michael01120 wrote:
I wonder if Phil kelly keeps with 4+ invulnerable save or he changes the mark of tzeench to :
re-roll failed armour saves & maybe invulnerable depending on how he would balance it.

*shrug* maybe.