It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:17 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

So what is the best way to raise the tally for epidemius? a couple of people say spam nurgle daemon princes as they will kill quickly.

or plague bearers/warriors or even nurglings ?
I am curious because I am going to buy him soon :?:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:52 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Well one way I heard of is ally with orks to get grots, use some "all units within 6 inches take S2 hit" thing and kill them all :P

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:37 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Be sure to check your Codex, but I'm pretty sure that only Followers of Nurgle contribute to the tally and only Followers of Nurgle benefit from it. I'm not 100% on that.

But anyway. If you take Epidemius, the best thing to do is to take him as an ally to Chaos Marines. Chaos Marines have a slightly better damage output than Nurgle Daemons. Nurgle Daemon Princes are overpriced and don't have the same hard hitting power that the Daemon Princes in the CSM Codex have. Unfortunately, since the Chaos Marine Codex is so bland and lifeless, and since everyone else has more output for fewer points, I wouldn't plan on winning any tournaments, even with Epidemius. Also, since Plague Marines and Plaguebearers totally suck in assault, I wouldn't bother taking any champions or much of an HQ. Take a single Nurgle Sorcerer and give him Doombolt and then roll on the Telepathy power chart. Then fill your army with Plague Marines with Plasma Guns and Obliterators.

Then cry as your Grey Knight, Necron, Space Wolf, or Imperial Guard opponent blasts you off the table with volume of fire or swanky special rules that you have no defense against.

Honestly, I'd hold off on buying Epidemius for about a month at least, to see what the next month's worth of GW releases are. Chaos Daemons and Chaos Marines are in desperate need of an update at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:31 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Im pretty sure (dont have my codex next to me :oops: ) that it says all models with the mark of nurgle gain the effects. So plague marines would get it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:10 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=77378

Read that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:54 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Sorry but I don't know the daemons codex that much but what is Epidemius' tally.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:59 am 

Basically, as you get kills with models that have Mark of Nurgle that are near Epidemius (not sure if they have to be within range of him, havn't looked at it in a while)

But as you get kills you get really nice effects for everyone with Mark of Nurgle. Ranging from everyone having 2+ poisoned attacks to 3+ Fell no Pain.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:24 am 

Bujiga wrote:
Basically, as you get kills with models that have Mark of Nurgle that are near Epidemius (not sure if they have to be within range of him, havn't looked at it in a while)

But as you get kills you get really nice effects for everyone with Mark of Nurgle. Ranging from everyone having 2+ poisoned attacks to 3+ Fell no Pain.

That really helps for people trying to do a fluffy Nurgle daemon army. Does it count for CSM with mark of Nurgel or just Daemons. I don't have the daemons dex with me so I don't really know if it specifically says daemons or it just says it generically. If it says it generically and it's not been FAQed then you could use it for plagues and really any CSM with mark of Nurgel.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:29 am 

Im pretty sure it works for CSM as it just says "Models with the Mark of Nurgle."

Although he would be great, if I was doing Death Guard, I would have a Great Unclean one for my fluffy fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:28 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Hi!

Kills that happen anywhere on the board by followers of Nurgle count towards the Tally. This affects your and your enemies models.

As i think Epidemus is a great tool for CSM Nurgle heavy lists, it's not the worlds greatest thing. It costs 185 points as you pretty much need to take 5 man Plague Bearer squad to camp with him and this also is needed to fill out the troop requirement for Allies. Hitting the gold of Ignore armor saves takes 20 kills. For you to kill 20 enemy models can take quite many rounds and with a bit of an bad luck your Epidemus won't arrive on first turn or mishaps when he does come. (Daemons can't use CSM Icons btw.)

TBH, i can't say much about how killy CSM units are, but as for Daemons, good ways to ramp up the Tally are Daemon Princes and Ku'gath. Ku'gath gets big pie plate that wounds on 4+ and ignores armor saves. Daemon Princes can actually get to CC and/or shoot with Dread Gaze or Breath. These options are really costly, and i wouldn't suggest them to someone using Daemons as an ally. Also, i'm pretty set on the idea that Epidemus is next to useless in Daemon army as those who really needs his Tally are PB and Nurglings. PB are slow and can't really take that much beating anymore and Nurglings are swarms, so they can't hold objectives and are only usable for tarpitting before Tally ramps up.

PS: We'll see soon what the new codex update in the WD will bring to the table.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:40 am 

Quote:
Kills that happen anywhere on the board by followers of Nurgle count towards the Tally. This affects your and your enemies models.

Does this mean if the enemy you are versing for example someone who has a CSM or Daemons army with some Nugel marks in there your Tally affects them and visa versa if they have Epidemius.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:49 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!
Magnus01 wrote:
Quote:

Does this mean if the enemy you are versing for example someone who has a CSM or Daemons army with some Nugel marks in there your Tally affects them and visa versa if they have Epidemius.

yes, yes it does

I do do. The cha cha.

War Cry:
"Overly Glorified Tickle Cannons Prevail!!!"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:56 am 

Sniperfex wrote:
Magnus01 wrote:
Quote:

yes, yes it does

Lol. Well that's back fire now isn't it. How do you over come that?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:50 pm 

Just ensure you have more plague models that benefit from it then magnus XD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:43 pm 

Alright.