It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:01 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Well, I've not been living up to the expectations of the Dark Gods in my painting requirements, so its time for some motivation!

Anyway, some backstory: I've been playing Chaos for several years now, and I've accumulated quite a few models. Now, with the new codex looming in 6th edition, I've decided to scrap most of my old models and start fresh. One of the major reasons for this is that I paint MUCH better now than I did back when I started.

Please forgive the terrible resolution; my digital camera is really old.

So let's start off with the Lords of the Black Crusade:

And their retinue:
ImageImageImageImage

My Nurlgy Nurgle Plague Tower:
ImageImageImageImage

My renegade Stormlord (mostly finished):

Some Chaos Marines (these I really need to stop procrastinating on):
ImageImageImage

Some Chosen (also need tons of work):

Some Rhino tanks (these are actually finished :shock: ):
ImageImageImageImageImage
And one that isn't :? :

A Skulltaker conversion I've been working on:
ImageImageImage

A trio of Demon Princes (also finished :shock: ):

A Galrauch that I use as a Lord of Change:

A Soul Grinder and his brother:
ImageImage

And some other random stuff:
ImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Marit Lage on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 43 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:35 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
I'm going to try and do some painting every day so that way this can be a log of my progress. You guys feel free to leave suggestions and the like.

Didn't get too much done today. Had family come over. But I was able to get some real work done on my Warsmith and two of my Obliterators!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:42 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
darn dey are perdy :D

You will always hold a special place in the organ that pumps my blood.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:20 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

You shouldn't of scraped the bad painted models. Just paint strip them, prime them and start again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:57 pm 

Magnus01 wrote:
You shouldn't of scraped the bad painted models. Just paint strip them, prime them and start again.

I did with the metal ones. the problem with plastic is that its really hard to get all the paint off of them, since I used a matte coating on them.

And to clarify, I didn't throw them away. I have them in a box until I figure out what to do with them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:36 pm 

Sorry guys, didn't really get any down time to paint any real models, but progress is being made:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:56 pm 

Sorry guys, not much of an update today. I got called into work just as I was getting set up to paint. However, I do have something that I did early this morning when I got home (I work overnight). I will have a real update for you guys by Monday, I promise.

I saw someone use Imperial Guard autocannons for Havocs, and I wanted to try doing it myself. I'd post a link to the thread, but I couldn't find it when I went to look.

After doing some dry fitting of the autocannons onto Chaos Marine arms, I just couldn't get it to fit the way I liked. I did some digging into my bits box, and I found 3 Chaos heavy bolters (they come with most boxes for Chaos), and it just clicked. After a bit of work and imagination, I finished with these:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:05 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
I'd remove the heavy bolter ammo clip and replace it with something else, but other than that, looks great!

You will always hold a special place in the organ that pumps my blood.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:41 am 

Marit Lage wrote:
Magnus01 wrote:

I did with the metal ones. the problem with plastic is that its really hard to get all the paint off of them, since I used a matte coating on them.

And to clarify, I didn't throw them away. I have them in a box until I figure out what to do with them.

Just put the plastic ones in dettol for a day and scrub off the paint with a stiff bristled brush (recommended that you remove the bases off before putting them in dettol because the black stuff may get on your model however you don't have to). Keep scrubbing till you can't get anymore paint off and rinse under COLD water. There will be some little bits of paint that you said but they will probably be so minute you could just prime it. Thats what I did with 18 of my models and now they are ready to paint again. And sorry if I assumed too quickly that you threw them away.

Also I am really loving those bases. I never put that much effort into my bases, I really just use the terrain paint and put a wash and a dry brush on it. Those bases however look spectacular, It must of taken you ages to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:50 am 

Magnus01 wrote:
Marit Lage wrote:
Magnus01 wrote:

Just put the plastic ones in dettol for a day and scrub off the paint with a stiff bristled brush (recommended that you remove the bases off before putting them in dettol because the black stuff may get on your model however you don't have to). Keep scrubbing till you can't get anymore paint off and rinse under COLD water. There will be some little bits of paint that you said but they will probably be so minute you could just prime it. Thats what I did with 18 of my models and now they are ready to paint again. And sorry if I assumed too quickly that you threw them away.

Also I am really loving those bases. I never put that much effort into my bases, I really just use the terrain paint and put a wash and a dry brush on it. Those bases however look spectacular, It must of taken you ages to do.

I wanted all of the models to look good when I put them on the table. Didn't take too long, but it was worth the effort.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:08 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Quote:
I saw someone use Imperial Guard autocannons for Havocs, and I wanted to try doing it myself. I'd post a link to the thread, but I couldn't find it when I went to look.

was it my plog you saw the autocannon havocs on?

XD

I just turned mine upside down

My Plog! http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=74994

Epic Duck Mike: Tausept Ochre and Iyanden Darksun are like cheatcodes for Yellow.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start Select Tausept Ochre

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:12 pm 

Devedor wrote:
Quote:

was it my plog you saw the autocannon havocs on?

XD

I just turned mine upside down

YES! It was a really good idea, since autocannons are awesome, but pewter ones are not.

Any ideas on what to use as an ammo box for the autocannons?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:33 pm 

Alrighty! Did a fair amount of work on my Warsmith, and I was able to base all of my current chaos marines. I can't basecoat them due to the rain where I live, but I'll do that in the morning. Woot!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:25 am 

Looks great. And now with the rumoured rules for war smiths for the new dex he will do great on the field as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:47 pm 

Alright! Finally an update. I know it's been almost a week, but between getting paperwork together for college and work, I haven't had much time at all to do much of anything. I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off it seems. Ugh.

Anyway, I've have been able to basecoat all of my chaos marines, and do some sculpting on my Nurgle Terminator Lord. It's not great, but I've only done the preliminary work on it as yet.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next