It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Deamons and allies
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:40 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Hello everyone, this may be kind of irrelevant with the new codex looming over our heads, but I was figuring that I would take deamons as allies, and taking Epidermis as my HQ (I know what he does with the tallies, no idea on point costs or anything). Then obviously taking my Plague Marines, as Epidermis' buffs should effect them too. What do you guys think? I may hold off until the new codex comes out...

And on a side note, Nurgle bikers are now toughness 6! Worth it or not?

Wood Elves - 2,000 +

Post subject: Re: Deamons and allies
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:07 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I've heard some awesome things about Epidemius (sp?) and all the Mark of Nurgle shenanigans. If you really like Nurgle, take him as an ally anyway, since even in the new Codex, his tally will be important.

Also, Nurgle Bikers are still too expensive to really be worth the points. They don't have as much offensive power, though it's nice that nothing can insta-kill them based on str. alone. I think a nice boost would be a Nurgle Biker Lord or Sorcerer. With the extra toughness and raw offensive power, that would be fun to use.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:36 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

DrBored wrote:
I've heard some awesome things about Epidemius (sp?) and all the Mark of Nurgle shenanigans. If you really like Nurgle, take him as an ally anyway, since even in the new Codex, his tally will be important.

Also, Nurgle Bikers are still too expensive to really be worth the points. They don't have as much offensive power, though it's nice that nothing can insta-kill them based on str. alone. I think a nice boost would be a Nurgle Biker Lord or Sorcerer. With the extra toughness and raw offensive power, that would be fun to use.

I figured as much to both answers. lol Thanks!

Wood Elves - 2,000 +

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:34 am 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Who is Epidemius?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:27 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1170197

He's Nugle's tally man, an HQ in the Deamons codex. Basically, for every X amount of models you kill, he grants your Nurgle based units some sort of bonus. What the bonuses are, I don't remember, but I might be picking up the codex today to find out.

I don't know if it will be competitive, but I am shooting for a fluffy, and fun list more than anything. My army is converted Blood Angels, made to have all sorts of Chaos mutations; The Angels of Pestilence. Now I finally add Deamons to my army, I can spice them up a bit! :D

Wood Elves - 2,000 +

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:34 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Epidemius is a model you will want to keep out of combat at all cost - because he is bad for a daemon. When I use him I put him behind a building to gain cover and hope the enemy is to busy trying to kill nurgle warriors/plague bearers.

the ability to gain 3+ feel no pain after you kill or lose 15 nurgle models is amazing - if your going nurgle themed then he is brilliant - And you can still have a nurgle daemon prince :)

win win situation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:45 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yeah I saw his statline today. It's not good. XD But that's fine, he's not there for combat anyways, eh?

Finally dusted off the 'ole marines, and started painting! Now I'm finally excited! :D

Wood Elves - 2,000 +

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:59 am 

Does he have any good shooting? (I don't have a daemons codex at hand but I might be getting one soon). What's his points? If he has high points, has no good shooting and is bad at assault he will be a burden for the army to protect. However if he is good shooting just stick him in a building but I don't know his stats.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:14 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

No, he does not shoot... But you take him for his tally (3+ Feel No Pain? Sure!). Stick him in with some Plague Bearers, and he should be fine.

He's also fairly cheap. He's the second cheapest named HQ in the codex.

Wood Elves - 2,000 +

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:46 am 

Anima wrote:
No, he does not shoot... But you take him for his tally (3+ Feel No Pain? Sure!). Stick him in with some Plague Bearers, and he should be fine.

He's also fairly cheap. He's the second cheapest named HQ in the codex.

In that case he is very good however with the new rules he is prone to challenges losing that 3+ FNP. However if he is cheap that is great and I would ale him (assuming he gives the 3+ FNP to all units of nurgle not jut his own making him sit with the plague bearers on top of an objective.)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:04 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

All Nurgle models or models with mark of nurgle add to the tally, I would list off what I remember of his rules, but GW would send me a Cease and desist letter. :roll:

But i will say that with 20 dead enemy models you ignore armor saves in cc.

That 3+ FNP is awesomesauce in 6th. XD

I plan on taking an all nurgle force, and trying out those toughness 6 bikers. They seem to be worth it with Epidemius.

My Plog! http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=74994

Epic Duck Mike: Tausept Ochre and Iyanden Darksun are like cheatcodes for Yellow.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start Select Tausept Ochre

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:28 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Devedor wrote:
All Nurgle models or models with mark of nurgle add to the tally, I would list off what I remember of his rules, but GW would send me a Cease and desist letter. :roll:

That 3+ FNP is awesomesauce in 6th. XD

I plan on taking an all nurgle force, and trying out those toughness 6 bikers. They seem to be worth it with Epidemius.

The T6 Bikers are nice to soak up shots, but they only have 1 wound and don't have much of an offensive punch. They hit like Marines, which is pretty much it. I think the new I10 extra attack also applies to bikers though, so that's nice. They're also super expensive, especially when you start to add points on.

I'd actually run it like this...

Take Daemons as your Primary Detachment. Take Epedimius as your HQ, along with whatever other Nurgle Heralds you like, and then fill your force with Plaguebearers and other nurgly stuff. Throw in a few Soul Grinders as necessary. Then, make Chaos Marines your allied detachment. Throw in a Nurgle Sorcerer with a Telekinesis power and a Force Axe and attach him to a squad of Nurgle Bikers with a Power Sword and some melta guns. Then throw in two squads of Plague Marines and a squad of Obliterators.

Your Chaos Marines will be your 'standing force' on the table before the rest of the Daemons, giving you more of a standing force on turn 1 than you would normally have with Daemons. Everything else starts coming in on a 3+ reserve roll on turn 2, so you should have about 3/4ths of your army on the table early on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:48 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges
DrBored wrote:
Take Daemons as your Primary Detachment. Take Epedimius as your HQ, along with whatever other Nurgle Heralds you like, and then fill your force with Plaguebearers and other nurgly stuff. Throw in a few Soul Grinders as necessary. Then, make Chaos Marines your allied detachment. Throw in a Nurgle Sorcerer with a Telekinesis power and a Force Axe and attach him to a squad of Nurgle Bikers with a Power Sword and some melta guns. Then throw in two squads of Plague Marines and a squad of Obliterators.

Don't take Soul Grinders as they don't benefit from the Nurgle tally. Either get the Forgeworld special Nurgle Soul Grinder or just go with Nurgle Daemon Princes. 3 x Flying Nurgle Princes with Breath will be nasty.

Devedor wrote:

You gotta remember at 20 ALL attacks ignore armour not just CC, so that is Plaguemarines that have 3+ FnP, 2+ poison that ignores armour in CC and boltguns that ignore armour saves.

Depending on how the new Chaos Marines codex turns out this could be a very lethal combo.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:30 am 

Madcat87 wrote:
DrBored wrote:

Don't take Soul Grinders as they don't benefit from the Nurgle tally. Either get the Forgeworld special Nurgle Soul Grinder or just go with Nurgle Daemon Princes. 3 x Flying Nurgle Princes with Breath will be nasty.

Devedor wrote:

You gotta remember at 20 ALL attacks ignore armour not just CC, so that is Plaguemarines that have 3+ FnP, 2+ poison that ignores armour in CC and boltguns that ignore armour saves.

Depending on how the new Chaos Marines codex turns out this could be a very lethal combo.

The plauges are already nasty but wih these editions they could be debated about weather they are the best unit in he CSM codex or not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

put him with nurglings, all daemons in the daemons codex are eternal warriors, so plenty of wounds to protect epidermius