Well, I just opened up a big can of worms here guys...
Anywho, what would you want for a new chaos dex?
I'll start off with:
thousand sons that don't suck either have it so you can only take em if you have a sorcerer hq of tzeench or maybe make the aspiring sorc's elietes. give em heavy weapon options (an inferno bolt heavy bolter would be kinda fun)
Either fix the wording or get rid of firestorm for dreads
Every vehicle a little cheaper (at least the cost of the loyalist counterparts base)
thats all I can think of right now.
(please don't let Mat Ward get his paws on this book)
I have so many things I want to list here that there's really no point. I want to see the codex redesigned from the ground up really. I'm currently working on revising my own Chaos Codex that I wrote a year or so ago. I'll eventually post it to give my complete vision of what Chaos should be. For now though I'll leave a sample.
Special Rules Will of the Gods: Roll 3D6 and discard the highest for all morale and pinning tests Blood Frenzy: The unit suffers from Rage and Fleet if it took part in an assault in the previous assault phase Warp Scream: The unit automatically strikes at initiative 10 in the first round of a close combat regardless of other modifiers Arcane Warding: The unit cancels any psychic power targeting them or including them in its area of effect on a 4+ Inured to Pain: Feel No Pain Cunning Tactician: His army may re-roll reserves rolls and where they arrive when arriving by outflank Pre-emptive Strike: May re-roll to seize the initiative, also allows D3 friendly units to make a scout move after deployment Terror Tactics: Enemy army suffers -1 to reserves rolls, opposing army must re-roll successful moral tests if they lose combat
Marks of Chaos Mark of Khorne: +1 WS and Attack Mark of Slaanesh: +1 initiative and Fearless Mark of Tzeentch: 5+ Invulnerable Save or improve existing Invulnerable save by 1 Mark of Nurgle: +1 toughness
Daemonic Gifts Terrifying Visage: -1 to enemy leadership with 6" Unholy Might: +1 strength Empyreal Aura: 4+ invulnerable save Daemon Armour: 2+ armour save Daemonic Flight: May choose to move as jump infantry, counts as two models for transport purposes Infernal Rune: Eternal Warrior
Daemon Weapons (user must take a leadership test for each unsaved wound caused by these weapons in close combat, if one or more of the tests are failed he suffers a perils of the warp) Warp Glaive: Power Weapon, target's must re-roll successful invulnerable saves Dark Blade: +2 strength Power Weapon Blood Feeders: Pair of close combat weapons, any unsaved wounds caused give a bonus attack (bonus attacks do not yield further bonus attacks) Blissgiver: Power Weapon, Automatically wounds on a roll of 6 to hit, such hits also cause instant death Death Screamer: Power Weapon that may re-roll to wound and fire as an AP4 flamer Man Reaper: 3+ Poisoned Power Weapon and +D3 attacks, two handed
Special Equipment Skull Rune: Automatically cancels psychic powers targeting him or including him in its area of effect, 2+ invulnerable save against force weapons Talisman of Burning Blood: The Model gains +D3 attacks on the charge instead of +1 Combat Drugs: like Dark Eldar, slightly different chart though Doom Siren: As now Inferno Bolts: Any bolt weapons gain +1 strength and rending Third Eye of Tzeentch: The model or one friendly model in his unit may re-roll a single D6 per turn Blight Grenades: As now Nurgling Infestation: 3+D3 bonus S3 attacks, does not benefit from his other wargear
Daemonic Steeds Juggernaut: +1 Strength, Toughness and Attacks, gives a 12" assault move, may not be transported Steed of Slaanesh: +1 attack, model moves as per cavalry and ignores difficult terrain Disc of Tzeentch: +1 attack, model counts as jump infantry and gains hit and run Palanquin of Nurgle: Gains +2 wounds and D6 bonus 4+ poisoned attacks that do not benefit from his other wargear, counts as 2 models for transport purposes
I miss so bad how in the last codex you could summon in real lesser and greater daemons. What I mean is like a real blood thirster or a bunch of plague bearers, not some bland nurfed daemon. Help out the poor thousand sons. They look so cool and I want to paint them, but with the current codex they aren't worth taking. Lastly i think dreadnoughts are so cool, but I can't bring myself to get a chaos one. I'm the worst roller ever. With my luck the thing would freak out and spend most the game hosing my own troops. Hopefully with the new chaos dex our army will be feared once again!
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:03 am Posts: 979 Location: In front of my computer
Copied from another thread.
1. Chaos Lord now have a similar statline to warbosses. E.g. They have S5 and T5. He can also take more upgrades, like special rules, "enhanced" marks and gifts of chaos. Daemonic mounts are also buffed.
2. New unit called Warlock Coven consists of models with the same statline as a librarian and is taken as a squad of up to three in elites. Each can do individual psychic powers.
3. Sorceror has new wargear known as daemonic pacts, that allow him to automatically pass any psychic test from psychic powers aligned to a certain god. He can now take mark of khorne and one khornate psychic power allows him to totally disable anti-psyker wargear or special rules and then use it against them for the rest of the game. Rumors around the Khornate Sorcerer say that he is more likely to be a melee monster and cannot take certain psychic powers like wind of chaos and warp time.
4. Chosens marines now have the statline of the aspiring champion and have a wider array of weapons to choose from.
5. 2 new hq units; Lieutenant and Aspiring Champion counsel. Lieutenant has the same statline as a space marine captain, has similar upgrades of the current chaos lord. Lieutenant can also be upgraded to Dark Apostle, which gives Possessed marines and daemons 12" of him the preferred enemy rule. Aspiring Champion counsel is unit consisting of Aspiring Champions, each of them having 2 wounds. They have similar upgrades to Chosen marines. They can also take "Enhanced" marks. According to fluff, they're suppose to represent warband leaders.
6. Cultists return. They still have infiltrate, but they have the same statline as the conscript and have a 6+ save. They can be taken up to a squad of 10-50 cultists. They can also take bomb vests, which allows them commit suicide bombings, which are said to be as deadly as a demolition charge. They also get a special rule that kills 10 of them to make lesser daemons instantly arrive and the daemons move like normal after that.
7. Aspiring Sorcerers are no longer part of the Thousand Sons unit. Instead, they are now independent characters that do not take up any choice. They have the same stats as a librarian and come with 2 psychic powers. 3 can be taken for every Thousand sons unit in the army. The Sorcerer commands has also been changed so that Aspiring Sorcerors only have to be 12" of them so that they can move 2d6.
8. Chaos Space marines have been put to 10 points per model. Their saves have also been reduced to 4+, because according to fluff: "Due to thousands of years with no repair or conditioning, the armour has weakened in quality". They can have their saves upgraded to 3+ for 3 points. They can also take more weapons if they exceed 10 squad members. This might mean we'll be seeing chaos horde armies in the future.
9. Khorne Bezerkers have been reduced to 18 points each and now wield Khornate chain axes, which grants re-rolls for hits on failed hits of 1. Plague Marines also have been reduced to 17 points each, and now start with Plague Boltguns, which are said to be poisoned 4+. They also get Bile Spewers instead of flamers, which have the same statline as the Banewolf's chem cannon (poisoned 2+, ap 3). Noise Marines also have been reduced to 14 points. sonic blaster upgrade has been reduced to 2 points and the blast master now costs 30 points. Thousand Sons can now take Infernoflame ammunition, which allows them all to wield flamers with ap3 at 5 points per model. They also take up 16 points each.
10. There's another new psyker unit in elites called Renegade Psyker Choir. They can take marks and have their own powers. They also have a power that allows them to make a "portal" 18" from them, which units walk in by.
_________________ HammerOfTheEmperor: "RyanGuy, was that really necessary?" jackmrnorris94: "Ryan guy is always right." SinisterUrge: "Flame On Johnny Storm, Flame On."
1. Less expensive vehicles 2. More deviation from codex marines 3. Better Fast Attack 4. Cultists 5. Marks do more 6. Better Thousand Sons 7. A different HQ 8. Return of Legion specific lists 9. Daemons as allies 10. Better special characters
Overall the codex needs to be un-nerfed. I think it would be cool if Phil Kelly wrote the next one.
_________________ "I want to play FOW but I can't get into the fluff"