Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
User avatar
Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2164
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:30 am
Location: Planet of the Sorcerers

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby Magnus01 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:11 am

TheAurgelmir wrote:So as long as people call them THousand Sons, we should call the Berzerkers for World Eaters, the Noise MArines for Emperors Childeren and the Plague barers for Death Guard.

hahahahahahaha Yes that is a great idea that is just as good as Bujiga's idea

And yell at anyone for using them in conjunction with the Black Legion.


Point is the other Warbands can have a mix of it all, but i find it odd that hte Thousand Sons up and join Abbadon. But the Rubic could have affected more marines and they are mercenary rubic bands.

Yes that is what I hate about the black legion. They take any one from any where and stick them into their legion. It is like the multi cultural legion. Although there are many things good about that legion don't get me wrong but I hate that thing specifically.

Rubic Marines all the Way!

Yes Rubic marines FTW.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

User avatar
TheAurgelmir
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2428
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby TheAurgelmir » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:14 am

Black Legion is the Ultramarines of Chaos. Well actually the Word Bearers are the goody goody ones, but the Black Legion is the poster boys

At least 6th Errata Failaddon to not be such a failure though... Still never liked the guy.

Ahriman though, he is cool.

User avatar
Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2164
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:30 am
Location: Planet of the Sorcerers

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby Magnus01 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:43 am

TheAurgelmir wrote:Black Legion is the Ultramarines of Chaos. Well actually the Word Bearers are the goody goody ones, but the Black Legion is the poster boys

Yes the Black legion are definitely the poster boys of Chaos except other legions get mention it advertising campaigns not just the poster boys (unlike the space marines. Damm ultrasmurfs.)

At least 6th Errata Failaddon to not be such a failure though... Still never liked the guy.

Apart from his toughness 5 being his only toughness I haven't heard of anything else so could you tell me. I like Abaddon's crunch and the fluff from the Horus Hereisy but after Horus died he then had rapid mutations. He lost his awesomeness, he became more of a prick, he lost 13 times over 10,000 years over a single planet, he became.... Failbaddon.

Ahriman though, he is cool.

Ahriman is awesome. He is my favourite model you can get (fluff wise) and my second favourite character in the books (first being Magnus but then again he did lose some credit when he sat on his fat arse not giving a care in the world and just sending troops to either retrieve artefacts, help their only ally the Word bearers or kill space wolves). Ahriman actually has an excuse for losing (going into the web ways against harlequins and he has actually gotten close unlike Abbadon with the largest Chaos fleet can't take over a single planet and had 10,000 years to try.) Also I'm so happy I finished painting my Ahriman just two weeks ago. Anyway in short Ahriman is frigen Awsome.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

User avatar
TheAurgelmir
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2428
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby TheAurgelmir » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

I sort of realized you liked Magnus, due to your name :P

Is this the point in the conversation when I mention that it is in fact the name my parents gave me? :D

User avatar
Bujiga
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:51 am
Location: Australia

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby Bujiga » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:06 pm

TheAurgelmir wrote:I sort of realized you liked Magnus, due to your name :P

Is this the point in the conversation when I mention that it is in fact the name my parents gave me? :D

Your a primarch.

Nuff said

User avatar
Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2164
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:30 am
Location: Planet of the Sorcerers

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby Magnus01 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:11 am

Bujiga wrote:
TheAurgelmir wrote:I sort of realized you liked Magnus, due to your name :P

Is this the point in the conversation when I mention that it is in fact the name my parents gave me? :D

Your a primarch.

Nuff said


:shock: Did your parents play 40k? That is an awesome name. You should go up to a GW store just say once; "Magnus is back." :mrgreen: ........ Wait, are you making this up?
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

User avatar
fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:38 am
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Location: in your closest, with a camera, taking pictures

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby fluffyfen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:23 am

ok abbadon's black crusades aren't exactly failures its an amazing feat in itself that he manages to unite so many factions and warbands into a cohesive force that sets over half the galaxy ablaze before the imperium can FINALLY make a counter attack. and you have no idea how hard itd be to keep a whole bunch of selfish, power hungry, ambitious, followers of chaos from breaking ranks and going off on their own thing.

correct me if im wrong but IIRC the black crusades failed not because the imperium crushed them or anything but simply because the forces of chaos lost momentum

and ive committed my de-railment post for the day
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

User avatar
Zeruel13
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Posts: 8788
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby Zeruel13 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:43 am

Also Abaddon has completed some form of goal in each Crusade as well, whether it be getting his Daemon Weapon on one of them, stealing tow Blackstone Fortresses, weakening the Gothic Sector or basically taking Cadia itself.

User avatar
Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2164
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:30 am
Location: Planet of the Sorcerers

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby Magnus01 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:53 am

fluffyfen wrote:ok abbadon's black crusades aren't exactly failures its an amazing feat in itself that he manages to unite so many factions and warbands into a cohesive force that sets over half the galaxy ablaze before the imperium can FINALLY make a counter attack. and you have no idea how hard itd be to keep a whole bunch of selfish, power hungry, ambitious, followers of chaos from breaking ranks and going off on their own thing.

I agree that Abaddon's crusades are very successful in uniting tonnes of war bands but doesn't that mean he has more of a reason to win? Plus Abaddon has never set half the galaxy ablaze by him self. All he has done with 13 attempts over 10,000 years is gain support and take over only one planets ground not even the ir even though he has a larger fleet than the imperium, Typus' plague fleet, the planet killer and a hand full of black stone fortresses. He is long over due for a spawning. Also a lot of the war bands their arent under his control they just come in for the killing and run wild. Even though the majority of forces are under his control he still doesn't control all of them. For example Zhufor, chaos lord of the Skulltakers are said to be under Abaddon's control in the 13th black crusade. All they do however is ignore orders and shred the enemy from limb to limb on the front lines. Although Abaddon makes all those war bands fight for a common cause doesn't mean he has control over them. Although in the great crusade and Horus Herresy Abaddon was a beast and ripped anything up that stood in his way. It was only when Horus died and took charge and failed horribly and then criticises Horus for failing even though he nearly destroyed the imperium in a few months-years while Abaddon cant take over a single planet in 10,000.

correct me if im wrong but IIRC the black crusades failed not because the imperium crushed them or anything but simply because the forces of chaos lost momentum

I'm pretty sure it was because the guardsmen (and sometimes the blood angels) defeated them.

and ive committed my de-railment post for the day
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

User avatar
Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2164
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:30 am
Location: Planet of the Sorcerers

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby Magnus01 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:57 am

Zeruel13 wrote:Also Abaddon has completed some form of goal in each Crusade as well, whether it be getting his Daemon Weapon on one of them, stealing tow Blackstone Fortresses, weakening the Gothic Sector or basically taking Cadia itself.


That is true and he successfully did that but he didn't raise the bar high enough (except stealing the black stone fortresses) and the bar of taking Cadia is pretty low compared to Horus and Horus sort of 'knocked the bar over with his foot while jumping' (aka. Just lost it) while Abaddon can't even reach the bar.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

User avatar
darknightdrako
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby darknightdrako » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Zeruel13 wrote:How about this for a 2000 point Chaos list

200ish points to trick out an HQ

2 Obliterators
2 Obliterators
2 Obliterators

10 Chaos Marines with Power Fist Champion, Frag Grenades, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, 2 Melta Guns and Furious Charge in a Rhino
10 Chaos Marines with Power Fist Champion, Frag Grenades, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, 2 Melta Guns and Furious Charge in a Rhino
5 Chaos Marines with a Lascannon and Plasma Gun with Tank Hunters
5 Chaos Marines with a Lascannon and Plasma Gun with Tank Hunters

8 Havocs with 4 Autocannons and Tank Hunters
Predator with Autocannon and Lascannons
Predator with Autocannon and Lascannons
Predator with Autocannon and Lascannons

That was completely doable with Iron Warriors last codex.


By the Dark Gods this list is now possible thanks to the 6th ed rules :D. But the question is for how long.

User avatar
Zero
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Posts: 7740
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:41 am
Location: Wollongong, Australia

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby Zero » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:42 pm

darknightdrako wrote:
Zeruel13 wrote:How about this for a 2000 point Chaos list

200ish points to trick out an HQ

2 Obliterators
2 Obliterators
2 Obliterators

10 Chaos Marines with Power Fist Champion, Frag Grenades, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, 2 Melta Guns and Furious Charge in a Rhino
10 Chaos Marines with Power Fist Champion, Frag Grenades, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, 2 Melta Guns and Furious Charge in a Rhino
5 Chaos Marines with a Lascannon and Plasma Gun with Tank Hunters
5 Chaos Marines with a Lascannon and Plasma Gun with Tank Hunters

8 Havocs with 4 Autocannons and Tank Hunters
Predator with Autocannon and Lascannons
Predator with Autocannon and Lascannons
Predator with Autocannon and Lascannons

That was completely doable with Iron Warriors last codex.


By the Dark Gods this list is now possible thanks to the 6th ed rules :D. But the question is for how long.

Sorry, how's it possible to take Havocs with Tanks Hunters and Furious Charge CSM with 2 Melta's? How's it possible to take 4 Heavy slots and take our Oblits in Elite slots? Am I missing some major changes with 6th?
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

User avatar
Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2164
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:30 am
Location: Planet of the Sorcerers

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby Magnus01 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:45 am

Zero wrote:
darknightdrako wrote:
Zeruel13 wrote:How about this for a 2000 point Chaos list

200ish points to trick out an HQ

2 Obliterators
2 Obliterators
2 Obliterators

10 Chaos Marines with Power Fist Champion, Frag Grenades, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, 2 Melta Guns and Furious Charge in a Rhino
10 Chaos Marines with Power Fist Champion, Frag Grenades, Bolt Pistols and Close Combat Weapons, 2 Melta Guns and Furious Charge in a Rhino
5 Chaos Marines with a Lascannon and Plasma Gun with Tank Hunters
5 Chaos Marines with a Lascannon and Plasma Gun with Tank Hunters

8 Havocs with 4 Autocannons and Tank Hunters
Predator with Autocannon and Lascannons
Predator with Autocannon and Lascannons
Predator with Autocannon and Lascannons

That was completely doable with Iron Warriors last codex.


By the Dark Gods this list is now possible thanks to the 6th ed rules :D. But the question is for how long.

Sorry, how's it possible to take Havocs with Tanks Hunters and Furious Charge CSM with 2 Melta's? How's it possible to take 4 Heavy slots and take our Oblits in Elite slots? Am I missing some major changes with 6th?


Yea I don't get it either. It may be some change I haven't read yet? Also what HQ are you going to take.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

User avatar
darknightdrako
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby darknightdrako » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:36 am

Sorry Guys what I meant was you can field the same ammount of heavy support units now. :D

User avatar
Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Posts: 2164
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:30 am
Location: Planet of the Sorcerers

Re: Why Thousand Sons are a Terrible Unit.

Postby Magnus01 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:08 am

darknightdrako wrote:Sorry Guys what I meant was you can field the same ammount of heavy support units now. :D


Is that with the FOC doubling over 2000pts? If so you need 2 HQ's.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.


Return to “Forces of Chaos”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arnathos and 0 guests