It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:30 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
DeadVanitan wrote:
Hey Ash, I'm going to write some fluff for my space marine chapter, but I need to borrow the Greatswords to write it, mainly due to Arthas being a great plot additive.

If so, anything specific I'm suppose to know?

Edit:
If needed, I'll discuss my fluff with you and see how we can manage it.

Discussed via PM :P

Lore20 wrote:
I could be a character

Potraoth-Keeper of Lore
Orignally an Astral Knights librarian he abandoned them before the World engine crisis. He is now the Greatswords keeper of lore and one of the lesser sorecerrs. He exceled at defesive physcic powers but severly lacked in offense.

Special wargear

Book of Lore-Grants all units within 6'' feel no pain

Staff of The warp-Auto death to opponet on a roll of 6

Aegis shield-Grants Potraoth 3+ inv save

I could put you in, but, you won't have a majour roll probebly (and definitly no roll in the current story), although you can/will pop up in later ones probebly.

aetos wrote:
Ash, this story is getting so truly amazing! I love how Astunai has developed, and that he's also quite naive to the ways of chaos.

Thanks, I was a bit afraid I was making your character look like a dolt instead of just being naive about chaos :)

I'll post some time this week, even if it is a double post on this one.

I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:59 am 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Location: God's own, Land of the Long white cloud, land Of the Sheep Shaggers, NZ!
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
It won't be, don't worry :wink:

Blood Angels

>> 'I would love for you to explain these tactics.' --fredbob524
'Uh, He just did.' -- Smurfyk <<

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:05 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Wasn't I in this at some point?

Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:52 am 

Khornate wrote:
Wasn't I in this at some point?

In the first edition of the Greatsword you were, but, this thread is in its second edition more or less and the insane khornate dreadnaught went the way of the squat :wink: This time, there are a few large story lines and one massive over arching one with a mostly totally different cast of characters (the only two that carried over were Cale and Kothar) instead of the story being a bunch of shorts about how a bunch of the different members joined.

aetos wrote:
It won't be, don't worry :wink:

Or will it? :wink:

edit: although I might toss the crazy Spencer dreadnaught (I think that was your character's name?) back in at some point, at least briefly, in a less flambouyant and silly form (he'd be muttering about the multiple ways to kill a person instead of lolcats and nuking capital letters :roll: )

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:05 am 

Nope

Many of my best friends are Wargamers, and only a few of them are transvestites. Yours faithfully, MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall Khornate, Mrs. P.S. I have never kissed the moderators of the Miniwargaming forum.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:52 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Dread says: "Kill a false emperor slave with a teacup. Feel like a sir"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:30 am 

I just realized, on occasion I've been saying Cale commands the 3rd and 4rth in my different writings, this is false, it is the 2nd and 3rd as stated in my first post...I'm pretty sure I've editted the few times I committed this (to me) majour faux pas, but, if you see any PLEASE report them to me...I won't rule out that he won't at some point gain control of the 4rth and/or lose the 2nd, but, at least at this point, he definitly only has the 2nd and 3rd and he cherishes the 2nd (as much as any maniacal serial killer warlord can cherish something) while he is sort of off handed about the 3rd.

The uprising had been building for years across the entire planet, from the sickened wilds and the very depths of the cities to the languid lords and traders of the very highest reachs, even into the atmosphere where cultists had managed to hide the Greatswords entrance. The first strike of the insurrection happened in Hive Colurden in what was considered the Eastern reaches of the planet, it was the second largest on the planet, only being dethroned as the largest by the loyalist astartes arrival and lordship over its western brother, Zourkah, and was known for an impassioned 'rivalry' with Zourkah. Cultists dressed in Zourkahn PDF livery systematically took out every bit of Colurden's luxury good and aeronautical manufacturing plants, leveling the two industries Zourkah never could hope to compete with Colurden's. They used high end Farelden, Zourkah's main trading partner's, armaments and explosives, all of which were bought through a very public transaction planned by high end Farelden government offices that had also been infiltrated by Boris' men. Within hours Colurden's entire armed forces had been prepared and most trade between the two cities had been totally severed, but, even as there was an outcry for war with Zourkah, both the enraged and injured Colurden and confused Zourkah hives rushed for diplomatic solutions instead of instant war.

The next stage commenced twenty hours later, four cultists infiltrated the house guard of the Zourkahn governor, Maxwell Von Straughn. Three of the cultists were told to assassinate the governor, all were given a single hellfire shot from Hive Nosten, a close partner of Colurden whom also occasionally produced for the Space Marines, one of them was also given a data pad of a mercenary corporation that had been hired by Colurden previously to clean up the very cultist elements aiding the insurrection with data on an exorbanant transaction for services rendered. The fourth cultist was given Farelden issue gear and a carefully crafted story of espionage and deceit with Colurden to share with the governor and also given orders to kill the three cultists that were to assassinate the governor. The fourth cultist killed one of the assassins after "discovering" him poisoning the governors's food and killed the other two in a very dramatic scene where he saved Governor Straughn in the governor's office when the true assassination was supposed to take place. Almost single handedly, he drew Farelden into the conflict on Zourkah's behalf with his public admittance that he had been working with the Farelden government to undermine Colurden and save the Zourkahn governor (which the Farelden government quickly tried to disprove, and much to their disbelief, instead found a perfect paper trail leading to their own legislature). Similarly the very rare and unique hellfire rounds from Nosten which were only ever sold to the Astartes implicated Nosten on the Colurden side of the war almost instantly.

The astartes of the Angels of Renewals chose to become involved at this point as almost all diplomatic ties were cut and each and every hive city started calling out allegiances with pitifully few choosing to remain neutral. The walls of Zourkah were quickly manned by them, but, they also sent out delegations to each and every city warning against acts of hostility to any of the other hives, no matter which alliance they decided to join. It all proved for naught though as the sudden massacre on the road to Zourkah looked for all purposes to be the first overt action of warfare. Small skirmishes started breaking loose over the entire planet in the forest land between the cities, mostly between the small bands of city aligned merchants attempting to make it back to their home cities before the gates closed. Part three was initiated in this havoc when each Angel of Renewal emissary was assaulted only within the Colurden allied cities, some were made to appear as government certified hits by the more volatile Colurden allied cities, but, for the most part it seemed to be popular uprisings. Very few of the emissaries were overwhelmed, but, for each that was, the Angels inscribed their name upon their pauldron for vengeance. When the news that both one of their recruits and a sergeant had been assassinated upon the walls of Zourkah itself reached the captain of the Angels of Renewal stationed there, a purge was declared upon the Colurden allies, not even bothering to try and find or examine the bodies which were already stolen away by cultists.

The Zourkahn Federation and Colurden Alliance were born at that moment. Every Hive went into full lock down, all power went to charging the void shields, and all fluid, regardless of rather it was toxic or required, was withheld from running into the wild. Many cities suffered sudden disasters as units overflowed from improper care or the lack of operators and billions were thrown into blackness as power to homes went off and hospitals could not sustain their massive amounts of patients with ill maintained back up generators throwing many more civilians into a far deeper blackness. Miltaries manned all the walls to their fullest and key codes to unlock cataclysmic missiles were authorized even as manufacturers went into total war mode.

At this point, Boris would normally let the war be protracted for at least a year before initiating the piece de resistance, but, this scenario was different. He was not setting up the world for conquest, at least not as the main goal, and each and every city could easily have the power to destroy the entire planet in a day if something malfunctioned. The most valuable resource this time was something that would quickly slip from between their fingers if they didn't grasp it instantly, the scouts and recruits of the Angels of Renewal, which would be spread to the four winds in covert operations and the population itself to a lesser extent, all of which could easily be obliterated by a single faulty void shield and the right bomb getting through. Just a day after the Angels' announcement for a purge, Boris had initiated stage four.

Millions, or in some cases, billions of cultists rose up from the bowels of each and every hive city. Members of city guards turned upon each other even as the highest elements of government faced a slew of assassinations and poisonings. From without, mutants by the million rose, like avatars of the forest seeking vengeance for the atrocities wraught upon it by the Imperium and almost entirely destroyed many of the roads linking the cities together, feasting or committing debaucheries on any unfurtunates that were attempting to drive the roads at the time. In rare scenarios, entire cities fell and became part of a third faction in the war that both the Federation and Alliance despised, but, not so much so as to join forces against. Some few cities managed to contain or totally expunge the cultists elements, but, both Zourkah and Colurden, the centers of Boris' recruitment and conversion drives, were to remain a constant battleground both externally and internally.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:28 pm 

Ah, chaos...
Great stuff Ashran.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:44 pm 

Think I can make a brief cameo? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:00 pm 

Needed a bit of an interlude to set the stage, and I didn't think people would be particularly interested in having the POV switch to 20 something random cultists as they sat up different bits of the event...I hope what I wrote was clear, but, if it got muddled or confusing anywhere please tell me and I should fix it.

Chief wrote:
Ah, chaos...
Great stuff Ashran.

Thanks mate

Khornate wrote:
Think I can make a brief cameo? :wink:

Later story, don't know if you've read the current arch, but, it would be a bit...Odd...If a random dreadnaught just appeared out of nowhere :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:43 pm 

It doesn't have to be alive.. :D
oh and go watch the DOW II trailer and explain that dreadnought.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:46 pm 

Khornate wrote:
It doesn't have to be alive.. :D
oh and go watch the DOW II trailer and explain that dreadnought.

Maybe the SMs were in apocalypse and had Creed as an ally? Heavens knows there must be multiple thousands of points of nids...

You'll appear like most of the other characters I've promised in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:44 pm 

I wanted to try something a bit odd with this segment, for the most part, the heroes (villians obviously :roll: ) have split up to perform their own assignments in the opening stage of the inssurection, but, instead of using dialogue, I wanted to see how well I characterized each marine as they made their ways to their goals (which will each be revealed in the next installment)...Tell me how well it worked.

From every corner of the city, sirens, explosions, and gunfire were near deafening. The smoke would already be thick enough to totally block out the sun to even the highest inhabitants of the city, the lower reaches were already lit up by thousands of night lights from the lack of natural light. There was hardly a safe corner of the hive city so thorough was Boris' infiltration of the world's society. It was as if civil society had simply ceased to function in mere minutes.

Cale sprinted through the city streets, passing by the multitude of smaller conflicts as little more than a dark blur. Few of the conflicts were large enough to warrant his attention and as he came to a staircase leading deeper into the city's recesses that was crowded with fighters, he simply barged his way through them, leaping off the guard rail and activating his jet pack as a mix of cultists, refugees, and arbites were sent tumbling to their deaths. He landed on a hab roof 30 metres away and continued his dash, barely even stumbling when the shoddy roof started crumbling under his feet to the muffled disdain of those inside. He leapt off the hab structure and onto a city street, in front of an oncoming car, but, instead of diving out of the way, he went straight into it. He drew both of his scimitars in a flash and dug them into the car's hood, using his momentum to push himself up and over the car to continue his sprint down the street unhindered.

Nusphigor ponderously strode through the city streets. Compared to Cale's own target, his was very close by. He didn't directly take part in any of the conflicts as none of the petulant guns could hope to penetrate his armour, but, as he strode along the streets he would sporadically shoot into combat, instantly changing the favour of the clash to that of the cultist. His path saw him pick up a small army of cultists behind him as they were freed up from combat. Each and every one following him like a daemon would follow a warp god. He didn't go out of his way to aid or defend a single one of them, but, he also moved slow enough to make sure the majourity followed him. A PDF vehicle attempted to ram into him as he walked and met with failure on the knuckles of his power fist, he quickly shoved the car out of the way and walked straight down the center of the street.

Arthas stormed through the city streets, a wild beast that tore down building facades and left a wake of destruction. Dark voices filled his mind and he hardly could discern between friend and foe, not that he truly tried. His tainted crozius left his hand every few seconds as it crashed through windows to relentlessly kill enemy snipers or unfurtunate civilians gazing at the spectacle only to magically reappear within his gauntlet. He left no enemy standing and the few surviving allies were hopelessly outmatched by his speed. Within minutes, every inch of his armour was caked red and he had never stopped moving.

Boris and Astunai moved towards the same goal, Boris attempting to stay concealed while Astunai switched from cover to cover and scanned for enemies before moving on. As they moved through the streets, Astunai aided each and every cultist, regardless of rather they actually needed it and the fact that they couldn't keep up with the astartes. Boris didn't bother using a single shot and simply scouted ahead while waiting for the comparatively youthful marine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:33 pm 

And a ressurection for the Greatswords too! *party whistle sound*

As this thread was a restart of sorts for the Greatswords and there's only one single narrative in it (so far) I'm not going to bother with a recap of the story and just launch right into Boris and Astunai's adventure.

"Are you daft? Get into the shadow."

Astunai gave a vehement glance to Boris whom was doing as he had instructed Astunai, hiding someway into a huge pipe easily twice the size of him. Astunai on the other hand was carefully steadying his bolter at a platoon sized force of PDF. According to his thermal scan, there was a group of 15 to 20 cultists hiding in the windows to ambush the enemy movement, but, with the enemy's superior gear, even the advantage of an ambush wouldn't be enough for the cultists to overtake them.

"Damnit Astunai, we have a mission, you're not a hero!"

Boris watched, dumb founded at Astunai's audacity or ignorance as he opened fire, kicking off the ambush. He was simply appalled that the dim wit could single handedly ruin his master scheme with what he guessed was nobility. He barely refrained from slamming his gauntleted fist into the side of the pipe in frustation and drew his bolt pistol, running forward from his cover to engage the enemy along side Astunai.

"You blasted fool, the power generator complex is just ahead, stick to the shadow and we may make it without bringing down an astarte strike team on our heads!"

"Only cowards veer from conflict, I am a true marine." Astunai said staunchily back.

The combat continued ferociously for about a minute, the two space marines almost casually arguing about the merits of their ideology as blazing energy bolts created boiling pits on the surrounding structure. All but four cultists were slain in the engagement, but, as the last PDF member was taken down by a sneak attacker's blade across the neck, the four immediatly set upon pillaging the bodies, specifically a las cannon and as many servicable flak vests as they could carry even if they were covered in blood.

"You gave up the 'privledge' of being a true marine when you abandoned your snake skin brothers you fool." Boris bitterly snapped "Why must you believe so staunchily we work for some greater cause? Accept your fate and be damned or die a fool's death by one of your oh-so-loyal brothers in the Greatswords" Boris continued, almost spitting each syllable.

Astunai watched Boris for a moment, seemingly stunned by his hate filled speech.

"Now, just up that wall is the power station, if we scale it and storm it quickly enough, we will essentially take out a fifth of the city's defenses. That platoon was most likely heading there to reinforce it, and thanks to your faux heroism who knows how many other platoons have already arrived. Will you at least scale the wall or must we walk all the way around to the main entrance? Either way I can initiate a diversionary strike at the main gate, if you wish to join them then you may and get cut down by their defenses, but, I on the other hand will be doing as is required of me to bring down these accursed sons of the Dark Angels.

With that, Boris spun around and marched up to the permacrete wall. He wiggled his fingers to ready them before balling up his right fist and slamming it into the side of the wall. Within seconds he had repeated the process with his left and he started ascending the flat wall with self made hand and foot holes. Astunai's mind was reeling with yet another of his brothers telling him he was no brother at all. The whole reason he had left the Salamanders and turned to Chaos, for what seemed like a better future was ripping away before him. He refused to accept that awful truth though, and instead, taking a deep breath and slinging his bolter around his shoulder, he silently followed Boris' example somewhat slower.

Astunai watched Boris crawl up the surface, his grey robes fluttering in the thermal vents from a flanking structure, and wondered if maybe, maybe if he just swung out his bolter and ended Boris' life mid ascent, he may very well be doing humanity some sort of favour. Boris' form slipped over the precipice they had been climbing towards and left in its place a view of a hundred smoke stacks, belching smoke into the atmosphere in which he knew humans were endlessly toiling for the Imperium til' the day they died else they be killed by some enforcer, and he remembered again why the Imperium had to fall, and humanity had to embrace the freedom of Chaos where no one would ever go needing again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8