It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:31 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
UselesswizarD wrote:
This is awesome.

It really gives me a way to argue taking some of the other cultist marines in my thousand sons/iron warriors army while remaining fluffy.

That's the idea! You should never be constrained by any non-rules (fluff, for example) to use a large part of the Codex.

Other codices are different. Space Marines have rules that BENEFIT specializing in one way or another (Blood Angels get lots of jet packs, Space Wolves have their own Codex now, etc) but Chaos has been lacking in that arena, and people that want to be 'fluffy' are faced with difficult decisions because the cult troops are just that: they're made to follow a certain cult! What a rip off! It completely disables people that want to keep to a certain Legion or a specific God, so that's why this is here, to allow those people to open up their horizons and branch into other models, and to even have fun converting!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:09 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

I love the creativity which has come about because of this post. To avoid buying the expensive bits for noise marines I used left over Tyranid fleshborers & devourers. Now I can give an explanation to other players that these marines have been turn unto the perfect warriors by becoming joined with their weapons (which could be noise marines or Thousand Sons).
Also Berzerkers have a Khorne symbol on their chest which can easily be removed giving you a nice flat surface to create a different symbol out of green stuff.

Pardon my Grammar &/or Spelling

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:18 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

i love this. im tired of people saying how my army would rip each other apart and how stupid and unrealistic this is, when i showed them this list they were speechless. lol i owe it all to you man NICE JOB!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:04 pm 

Farouk wrote:
I love the creativity which has come about because of this post. To avoid buying the expensive bits for noise marines I used left over Tyranid fleshborers & devourers. Now I can give an explanation to other players that these marines have been turn unto the perfect warriors by becoming joined with their weapons (which could be noise marines or Thousand Sons).
Also Berzerkers have a Khorne symbol on their chest which can easily be removed giving you a nice flat surface to create a different symbol out of green stuff.

I saw some of your conversions, they were really great! I would have tried to cut the tyranid arm off and kept the CSM arm with a glued-on Tyranid hand, but what you did worked surprisingly well!

AlphaWesker wrote:
i love this. im tired of people saying how my army would rip each other apart and how stupid and unrealistic this is, when i showed them this list they were speechless. lol i owe it all to you man NICE JOB!!!!

Thanks so much! This is what this list is here for, to shut up all those fluff-pushers. I've seen people use IG models as Kroot in a Tau army, I've seen people use Chaos Marines as Space Wolves, and I've even seen people use Necron bits to include Lesser Daemons into an Iron Warriors army! What's to say you can't convert some Berzerkers to follow Tzeentch or some Noise Marines to follow Nurgle?

Absolutely nothing, and this post proves that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:16 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

im in love with this idea! i like to stay fluffy and im really really liking this idea! :D cant wait to hear more from you!

<3Matt

Trade list!!!!!
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=71552

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:20 am 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

DrBored wrote:
Noise Marines
-Nurgle: Carrion Marines
--Carrion Blasters shoot microscopic bacterium and leech-like organisms at an enemy. These cousins of Nurglings find their way underneath armor and eat away at anything they can find. They fly surprisingly fast, too.

Thousand Sons
-Nurgle: Acid Marines
--Slow and cumbersome, Acid Marines use weapons that fire Nurgle-blessed acid that eats through tough armor. Acid Marines are led by Sorcerers of Nurgle that keep the acid flowing. Without him, the Acid Marines would have to move slower in order to safely refill their own dangerous weapons.

Thanks for the thread, I'm thinking about starting a death guard army and this thread gave me a lot of awesome ideas! I think the nurglefication of these two units could sound nicer swapped around though. :)

Especially because of Doom Siren's template attack, I believe the noise weapons can work nicely as acid weapons. The heavy mode of Blastmaster and Sonic Blaster could equate to the acid marines having time to fully pump/pressurize their acid weapons for a focused blast. They are immune to the fumes of their acid, but their enemies are not, granting them extra initiative in combat.

Thousand Sons as Carrion Marines could be slowed down because they are grotesquely mutated(also grants the invul save), carrying the leech-like organisms within bloated sacs growing from their own body(or maybe a variation of Typhus's hive). A Nurgle sorcerer helps the squad move along by using his powers or commanding nurglings to physically push them along or clear their path.

Bolt of Change spell could equate to summoning a queen of these creatures at someone.

Just wanted to share a few ideas for fellow Nurgle lovers. :D

Edit: Instead of it being a Nurgle sorcerer, he could be host to the swarm's queen, or both.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:26 pm 

FallenAngel wrote:
DrBored wrote:
Noise Marines
-Nurgle: Carrion Marines
--Carrion Blasters shoot microscopic bacterium and leech-like organisms at an enemy. These cousins of Nurglings find their way underneath armor and eat away at anything they can find. They fly surprisingly fast, too.

Thousand Sons
-Nurgle: Acid Marines
--Slow and cumbersome, Acid Marines use weapons that fire Nurgle-blessed acid that eats through tough armor. Acid Marines are led by Sorcerers of Nurgle that keep the acid flowing. Without him, the Acid Marines would have to move slower in order to safely refill their own dangerous weapons.

Thanks for the thread, I'm thinking about starting a death guard army and this thread gave me a lot of awesome ideas! I think the nurglefication of these two units could sound nicer swapped around though. :)

Especially because of Doom Siren's template attack, I believe the noise weapons can work nicely as acid weapons. The heavy mode of Blastmaster and Sonic Blaster could equate to the acid marines having time to fully pump/pressurize their acid weapons for a focused blast. They are immune to the fumes of their acid, but their enemies are not, granting them extra initiative in combat.

Thousand Sons as Carrion Marines could be slowed down because they are grotesquely mutated(also grants the invul save), carrying the leech-like organisms within bloated sacs growing from their own body(or maybe a variation of Typhus's hive). A Nurgle sorcerer helps the squad move along by using his powers or commanding nurglings to physically push them along or clear their path.

Bolt of Change spell could equate to summoning a queen of these creatures at someone.

Just wanted to share a few ideas for fellow Nurgle lovers. :D

Edit: Instead of it being a Nurgle sorcerer, he could be host to the swarm's queen, or both.

You've totally got the spirit of this! That's the great thing about the original post, is that it's not meant to be a be-all end-all rule of doing things, just inspiration to get the creative juices flowing!

I certainly see your point, and it's good that you posted that here. I might have to amend the original post to make it more clear that any of these can be altered in any way to suit a person's personal preferences, ideas, and desires!

I can't wait to see what you do with it :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:00 pm 
First post! Good job, now post more...

Thank you so much for this!

I currently have a Word Bearer army, sitting at around 1800 points.

I have Thousand Sons and Berserker units in there and the question popped into my head if my army would be frowned on fluff wise. So I started thinking of ways to depict them in a Word Bearer light.

I picked up an Abaddon model and did some small conversion to him (clipped of the dumb topknot and gave him a different weapon) and just started calling him Warmaster Davroth, and using the Abaddon stat line.

On a side note: I just finished Dark Apostle, there's a part where they talk about Berserkers fighting on the front lines. "Those that stray to close to the sole worship of Khorne."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:20 pm 

Abisbowa wrote:
Thank you so much for this!

I currently have a Word Bearer army, sitting at around 1800 points.

I have Thousand Sons and Berserker units in there and the question popped into my head if my army would be frowned on fluff wise. So I started thinking of ways to depict them in a Word Bearer light.

I picked up an Abaddon model and did some small conversion to him (clipped of the dumb topknot and gave him a different weapon) and just started calling him Warmaster Davroth, and using the Abaddon stat line.

On a side note: I just finished Dark Apostle, there's a part where they talk about Berserkers fighting on the front lines. "Those that stray to close to the sole worship of Khorne."

Fluff works in different ways for different people. For some, it's what they build their list around, it's how they convert and paint their models, and it's how they play the game. For others, fluff is nonexistent, and they make up their own, if at all!

If you're worried about how other people will judge your army, don't! Build an army that you will have fun converting, painting, and playing. This is just a little guide to help nudge you to be able to use the full range of Chaos cults in any army, since, let's face it, the Chaos Codex is lacking in variety in some areas.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:38 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries
I had the same idea for my Night Lords and Word Bearers, but no real fluff to explain beyond. Nice job with all the main traitor legions too.

-Claw Leader Arvur of the Night Lords

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:18 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

genso6 wrote:
I had the same idea for my Night Lords and Word Bearers, but no real fluff to explain beyond. Nice job with all the main traitor legions too.

For My Night lords i use this:
Have you ready Soul Hunter?(just asking great book) i would call the cult troops "The tainted, The cursed. The Plagued and The Raged" (Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle, Khorne)

Trade list!!!!!
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=71552

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:37 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

pwn! great ideas I'm doing a chaos group biuld i'll have to pass this idea around!

eldar
[+++++++++X] finished

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:39 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Great idea this is going to keep me busy :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:49 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry
izirath wrote:
I've the same idea. For example I'm quite doubtful if I'm going to field Kharn the Betrayer because of his rules and the fluff, but I could replace his model and fluff and just use his stats and rules.

:shock: Heresy! :shock: j/k

In chaos heresy is the sincerest form of flattery.

Kharn knows he's awesome.

Wu-Tang Wargaming Knowledge
"I gotcha back, but you best to watch your front" - GZA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:57 am 
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

This is the second necromancy on the thread.
If the last post is over a month old, don't post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next