It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Only post in this area after you have read the sample post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:00 am 
Now we're getting somewhere...

I have recently started Warhammer 40k/Fantasy and Warmachine armies. The problem is there are no gaming clubs anywhere within the city that i can find. So if any one can point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all in advance :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:11 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Hey! I live in Brampton too! There used to be a gaming club but it closed down :( I go to Square One (about a 20 minute drive) every Saturday as there is a GW there. Plenty of tables and awesome wargamers. You should come!

-TS

(only thing is you cant play warmachine there. i am getting into it myself so we could arrange to meet somewhere in the future. also, pm if you would like more info and when i will be there so we can have a game or i can help you out if you are new)

Tau - 5000+ points

Necrons - 4000+ points

Ogre Kingdoms - 4000+ points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:38 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yes, it sucks that there are no LGS to play in Brampton as ours changed ownership and kicked all of the Warhammer players out.

I go to the GW in Square One every saturday and am usually there for a couple of hours (not as long as Swarmlord here) and would be more then willing to help you along in 40k as well.

When it comes to Warmachine then you would have to go a little further to X Planet Games that is a small drive from the GW in Square One.

Dese Orkz iz made fer fightin, an dats just wat deyle do
Wun of dese dayz dese Orkz is gunna WAAGH!! all ova you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:29 pm 
Silver Vault Member

hey kamikaze, dont you hate it when a brampton player pops up but then never responds ;)

Tau - 5000+ points

Necrons - 4000+ points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:41 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yeah. Seems to be a trend...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:50 pm 
Silver Vault Member

at least i didnt do that or you wouldve been screwed...well until you found that place near you ;)

Tau - 5000+ points

Necrons - 4000+ points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

For sure. But it would of been nice to not have our nearest LGS sell to some douche and kick all the Warhammer players out. Would of been so much more convenient, less travel and could actually meet Brampton players.

We keep getting stuck with the Mississauga folk :shock: hehe

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:42 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

I am from Brampton as well, but I will not go into a GW store again, and quite frankly don't like 40k as much as other games anyway. If you guys ever find a place to put a club together, I have a modular 6'4' game table with carrying case that I could provide. While I could certainly play a little 40k or LOTR, I would really rather play dust warfare or star wars, or even battlefield evolution for that matter and could demo any of those games using my models as I have multiple armies. Anyone from Brampton can feel free to PM me and we can try to put together a club and place to meet and play. I'm tired of stomping my brother and friend in Dust warfare. They can't handle my panzers when I play Axis and certainly can't handle my "pounder" and "Steel rain" assault walkers if I play Allies, lol. Plus, I don't own any Sino-Soviet union yet so it would be perfect to meet another player who likes collecting an army of choppers and Soviets.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:51 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Well, atm i am not in a position to start a club and i'm actually alright with going to gw although i would much rather prefer a close LGS. as for the games you play, they dont really interrest me :wink:

Tau - 5000+ points

Necrons - 4000+ points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:09 pm 

Well of you only like games workshop games then having a club doesn't matter. Just play at GW. Having a club only matters if you are not playing a GW game. They will let you play 40k on their tables whenever you want. I misunderstood this thread. There is a good war gaming club in TO that has a lot of mature players that play everything...something not possible at GW. If I only played 40k I would just go to GW every Saturday. It's the best for that. I enjoy WW2 gaming and less simplistic games personally. To each his own. Good luck to you guys.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:39 pm 
Silver Vault Member

well actually, I am also starting Warmahordes so i would enjoy having a group of people to play that with. the closest place that will allow you to play is farther than gw for me. i plan on going there to play, but i guess this doesnt concern you because you dont play warmahordes. if you do however come across someone who plays, send them my way!

Tau - 5000+ points

Necrons - 4000+ points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:34 pm 

Oh, I play warmachine.... I'm a long-time wargamer, I play almost everything. I even play some starship troopers from time to time, lol. My top 3 favorite things to play are Dust warfare, star wars, and Battlefield evolution (which is a simple little game that most have never heard of but its modern and for me there is a big thrill thrill pitting USMC soldiers with support from M1A2 Abrams tanks and british SAS troops blasting away at Chinese and/or Middle east soldiers). Of course, other than those games I play LOTR, Warmachine, SST, and still will play the occasional 40k game. I have completely sold all of my warhammer fantasy armies though as I don't play that anymore at all and have sold almost all of my 40k armies as well. Its just that I had soo many huge armies for 40k after years and years of collection only GW that even after selling thousands of dollars worth of 40k stuff in the last few months, I can still play APOC anytime I want... for now at least. I admit that I have serious beef with GW's practices at this point and will not buy any more stuff from them, but that's my personal choice.

As I said before, I am a wargamer so I play wargames. Many people are just GW fanboys and only play GW products and foolishly mantain that no other company makes good games, rules, or minis.... (while I personally believe that GW rules are some of the worst nowadays where its just about "Here's a new book, its the most powerful book and will win the most, so you have to go out and buy all these new models and books if you want to win" ). I think there are alot of companies that make outstanding looking minis using much better materials and less miscasts by far... for cheaper. To me its like in hockey where in Toronto you have "Leaf fans"... they are not actually "hockey fans" but "Leaf fans" and couldn't care less about hockey per se. Same thing with GW fanboys. They are not actually wargamers... if they were they would, like you, also be open to trying out warmachine, or hordes, or any one of the tons of wargames that are not made by GW and their price-gouging, "We could care less about customer loyalty because its all about the next 12 year old kid that we can rip off for 6 months and discard" mentality....

... anyways, I will stop now, because I could go all day with all the hate I have for GW now, lol.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:03 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

X Planet Games is not too far from GW and they play everything there. I just made a recent visit there to check it out and pick up some magnets and they are like the LGS that I used to have when I lived in North Bay. The owner was very friendly as well. I left GW and there were two people painting and me waiting for a game. Went to this place and there were close to 15 people there. A lot of Magic players if you are interested in that.

What part of Brampton do you live in? I assume the east side? If so, then X Planet would be a nice spot for us to go. It might actually take me less time to get there than the GW just as traffic wise. I live on the west side, near Georgetown.

I would love if you started to play some GW games with us. I play Chaos and he plays Tau so you know we arent jumping out and buying the next "BIG" product that GW releases, (aka Grey Knight) so we win every game. I am a big 40k fan and am delving into Fantasy. I actually started into the hobby about 13-14 years ago by painting WW2 miniatures just because I was a teen big into WW2. So I would love to see your WW2 models.

WarmaHordes is very tempting, with the new plastic box releases and also the 25% sale on MWG. But damn, I got flak starting Lizardmen from the wife, imagine if I started WarmaHordes... scary. I would love for you to join us to bring some new blood into our mix. Hopefully we can bring you back into the 40k. Having the modular table is awesome. I guess I could host it at my place, I have a pool table we can place it on. But living with my parents since I moved back to Brampton is a pain and very cramped with me and the wife saving for a house.

If you wanted to meet us a couple of times to "gauge" us before we start playing at anyones house then X Planet might be the best bet. I should be available next saturday and if Swarmlord here wanted too, we should go to X Planet. 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 am 
Silver Vault Member

ya for sure, that sounds like a good idea, but i wont be able to do that THIS week. next week should be fine though.

Tau - 5000+ points

Necrons - 4000+ points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:32 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

You not available this saturday (26th) again? Boy, oh boy. There going to start thinking you are MIA.