Who wins?
Poll ended at Fri May 04, 2012 7:59 am
fluffyfen 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
Steelhalo 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
DjDaMode 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 17
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:59 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
This month's theme was ELITE GUARD! Vote on your favorite, and please leave some critique for these projects below. This just helps the modelers and painters get that much better! You can view more WIP shots here viewtopic.php?f=40&t=73457&st=0&sk=t&sd=a.

The winner gets to pick the theme for May, so Vote now!

Thanks to all our entrants!

fluffyfen

Steelhalo

DjDaMode

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:05 am 

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Went for #1. Although I must say that I loved the flames freehand on the cloak on #2 and the fact that #3 was dark eldar. You normally don't see that much.

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:11 am 

I wet with number 2, those flames as A luna said ate beautiful! All of the minitures were well done though, good job guys!

4000pts of Empire

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:14 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Grrr voting for ur opponents sucks but i guess it's the gentlemanly thing to do lol.

Fluffy, u did a good job with the green stuff. The robes just need some wash and highlights and they would kill.

Steelhalo, good job on those flames. I think ur mini need a wash on certain parts like the shield. But nice job!

Me, not my best work. When you take a pic of ur mini close up, you see alot of flaws. Mine looks good on the tabletop, not close up.

4th & 5th Edition: Iron Knights SM, Ulthwe Eldar, tyranids
My new wargame forum! http://onlywargames.forumotion.com/

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:23 am 

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
I went for fluffy, I really liked the GK but the white on the cloak and the "dusty" look of it to me threw it off. and the DE was really good but I didnt really like the position of the arms or the giant head :/

You will always hold a special place in the organ that pumps my blood.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:37 am 

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
I think a model should be based on conversion, not painting. Thats why we have painting deathmatch.

Fluffy's and the GK were both very close but the cloaks and flames did it for me on fluffy, very well done!

@#3 don't be afraid to give him something unique, like a cloak or very stabby sword. Other then that it's great.

It's so hard not to give sarcastic answers to all the new IG players. IG, not AM you noobs.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:40 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Great work on everyones part, I agree with some of the critique above.

Fluffy, your stuff just gets better and better. If you haven't already, pick up some Liquid Greenstuff. A thin layer of it will remove all signs of fingerprints. I used it on some models recently, and it worked very nicely. I can't wait to see what you do next month!

Steelhalo very nice conversion, I tend to be more of a kitbasher myself. I love the kopesh, I use them on my Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons. I think that to improve, this model would have benefited from a more dynamic pose. That could have been putting his forward foot up on something, or having the arms more posed to attack/defend. Though I do like how it tells a story, like he is observing a scene. The freehand painting on the cloak is very nice, but I think a wash to blend in the blades a bit would have gone a long way. When you are drybrushing, if you have less paint on the brush it won't give off that chalky effect. You may want to try and thin the metals down a bit as well.

DJ you know I like the Dark Eldar ;) The horns are a really nice addition, though maybe ever so slightly out of scale. A bit of dynamic basing would have gone a long way here as well, placing the forward foot upon the Space Marine helmet would have looked very cool, defiant and triumphant. I love the suggestion of a cloak as well. Nice work on the highlights, I see where you were using different tones on the edging.

Good work everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing what we will be doing for May!

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:10 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
yeah, dont take my post the wrong way, their all fantastic, I just like all the conversions fluffy did, just his basing could use work :P

You will always hold a special place in the organ that pumps my blood.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:14 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
These are all amazing! I can't pick a winner! Congrats to all of you, job well done!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:15 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I voted for Fluffy, I love how the sculpts (although rough) came out. always getting better Fluffy! :D The Grey knight was alittle too rough for me, and the same goes for the dark eldar, it seems like the knives do not work with the model at all

https://twitter.com/Oceangrave0 Check out for up to the minute progress/life.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:39 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Thanks for all the tips guys!

Noice.