It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:34 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
It's the return of Mini of the Month! So get fresh blades in your xacto knives, knead up your greenstuff, straighten your bristles and show us what you've got!

This month we want you to create an Elite Guard. The retinue for your Warboss, an Emperors Champion that resolutely guards the Chapter Master, The Ogre that makes sure nothing happens to the wimpy little Mage while he is casting. Create a retinue or bodyguard, it can even be a vehicle.

Make sure you post a Work In Progress shot (NO or MINIMUM paint), as well as the finished product. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT MoTM IS A CONVERSION CONTEST, so no stock models!

BE FINISHED BY morning April 28th, voting starts on the 28th and runs until early April 1.

So welcome back, and let's see those entries! Please leave your questions here. Good luck everyone!

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:00 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Well, of course I'll be entering. I've been having way too much fun with Mini of the Month to not enter. It's also been a great help with actually getting my stuff done.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:30 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
i want in :D

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:17 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Okay, this sounds like a fun one, may not be able to get done since this is a crazy busy month for me.

"Wandalf, I like you. You can stay" - Iggy

"Hufflepuffs are excellent finders."
SO. MUCH. WIN!!!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER FOR THAT! XD - Clabbage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:01 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I'll see what i can do.

Noice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:19 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I've been super busy with work lately, but I'm gonna do my best to throw in here and try to get my Rhino finished for this month's build:

I've still got to do the vine and plant work around it before painting, but that's the rough form of it.

Check out my WIP here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:19 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Location: Hanging wit Gork en Mork gettin ready for da next WAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!
ok i hope someone can get back to me fast so i know if i can or cant i still havent finished my entry from last month and it fits the catogory perfectly so my question is can i use him in this MOTM

Orks:5694 and recruiting!!! W/D/L :10/3/5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:57 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
here are some WIP shots of my trio of flame shrouds...(still need to think of a better name for em lol)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:26 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
MeK DaKaTeEf wrote:
ok i hope someone can get back to me fast so i know if i can or cant i still havent finished my entry from last month and it fits the catogory perfectly so my question is can i use him in this MOTM

Sorry, it needs to be a new entry each month.

Nice work, fluffy! I don't think Flame Shrouds is a bad name, roll with it!

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:40 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!
Fluffy, where did you learn to do cloaks and flames like that? :shock:

I may join...depends if I really want to make some new body guards for Yourk.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 pm 

once you learn how to its really really easy :D
cloaks id have to thank blue for showing me a tutorial and flames all you do is pull as the greenstuff in similar directions and such...
thanks Dez ^^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:38 am 
MiniWarGaming Regular

Location: Hanging wit Gork en Mork gettin ready for da next WAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!
Kewl thnxs Dez ok ive been doin a bleach inspired ork nob lets see how tht comes out

Orks:5694 and recruiting!!! W/D/L :10/3/5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:09 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I'm going to do one. Its going to be a SM. It'll have green stuff on it! I'm going for simple and clean!

4th & 5th Edition: Iron Knights SM, Ulthwe Eldar, tyranids
My new wargame forum! http://onlywargames.forumotion.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

sigh... my order was delayed, so i'm not sure if i'll finish this. (let alone start)

Noice.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:34 pm 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Here's my work in progress picture. My cheesy deep strike melta Honour Guard squad for Dante (There will be 5 of them, and the shoulder plates will all be like the ones on the far right.). Barely any conversion here; just a kitbash with the melta blister plus green stuff loincloths for the ones that don't already have them. Maybe more if I think of anything in the process of making them. Image

EDIT: Man, my unpainted pictures are always perfect, while my painted pictures are all grainy and blurry.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next