Mini of the Month March '12 TANK HUNTERS and DRAGON SLAYERS!

An ongoing themed competition, hosted by Greywolf and Woulfgar
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Mini of the Month March '12 TANK HUNTERS and DRAGON SLAYERS!

Postby Dez » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:33 am

It's the return of Mini of the Month! So get fresh blades in your xacto knives, knead up your greenstuff, straighten your bristles and show us what you've got!

Cheech413 chose this months theme as 'Tank Hunters', but we should include our Fantasy friends so we've made it 'Dragon Slayers' as well. So make a single model or group of models to fit the theme. Think Rambo, The Dirty Dozen, Conan, The Terminator...that one 'go to' unit that gets the job done!

Make sure you post a Work In Progress shot (NO or MINIMUM paint), as well as the finished product. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT MoTM IS A CONVERSION CONTEST, so no stock models!

BE FINISHED BY MARCH 28th, voting starts on the 29th and runs until the 31st.

So welcome back, and let's see those entries! Please leave your questions here. Good luck everyone!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

sebastionsynn
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Location: having lunch in the Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.

Re: Mini of the Month March '12 TANK HUNTERS and DRAGON SLAYERS!

Postby sebastionsynn » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:51 am

i'm in.
New research has discovered that research causes cancer in lab rats.
Assembled the model before painting?? It's not a n00b mistake, it's a training exercise to improve your painting skills

TheTemplar
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby TheTemplar » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:57 am

Ok I have but one question Dex...

Can the model be ... almost both? Hard to explain, but the model I am making (won't tell, surprises are fun :wink: ) is not a tank hunter, more of a 40k Dragon Slayer. I assume for the sakes of MotM it will be fun, but feel free to tell me otherwise.
Black Templars - 3000+ points
Owned
[||||||||||]
Assembled
[||||||||||]
Painted
[||||||||||]

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Dez » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:24 am

Go for it!

fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby fluffyfen » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:47 pm

i gots a couple ideas lets see if i can make them first :wink:
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

gruf
Gold Vault Member

Postby gruf » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Is it fine to add conversions to an existing unit? Or counts as models in my case.

And does it matter when we have the WIP photos up?

Dez

Postby Dez » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Yes and no.

Crusherfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Crusherfex » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm in, but I'm not entirely sure if the model I'm making counts. I don't want to give it away, but it kinda fits the "Rambo" idea.
Why aren't there more arachnids?

WIP: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=66534

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm thinking of doing a Salamander Commander conversion using Space Marine bits, and some parts from Dark Elf Cold Ones and Black Ark Corsairs. Given that wild 'Salamanders' are basically dragons, do you see this fitting in?
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

fluffyfen
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby fluffyfen » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:47 pm

very early WIP :D

im sure you guys can tell what im making :wink:

Incursus
Silver Vault Member
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Incursus » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:59 am

I'm in! Not sure what I'm doing yet, but the theme sounds really cool.
Last edited by Incursus on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Darn you Incursus and your ninja ways! Darn you straight to Heck!" - TheSinisterUrge

Dez

Postby Dez » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:01 am

I've been mulling over what I'd do as well ;)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Epic Duck Mike » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Alright, going ahead with my Salamanders Commander. They're easily my favourite SM Chapter to paint, and I've got some great bits from my spare Dark Elf models.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

fluffyfen

Postby fluffyfen » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:04 pm

hey dez can i edit my WIP shot with a newer updated one?

AirborneHam
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby AirborneHam » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:42 pm

I've got lots of bitz lying around and I want to model a new ork, so I'm making the Nob for my tankbustas.
AirborneHam, author of several stories in the Dark Potential Fan-Fiction Forum.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=63550

It only gets better.

Return to “Mini of the Month”