It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:33 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
It's the return of Mini of the Month! So get fresh blades in your xacto knives, knead up your greenstuff, straighten your bristles and show us what you've got!

Cheech413 chose this months theme as 'Tank Hunters', but we should include our Fantasy friends so we've made it 'Dragon Slayers' as well. So make a single model or group of models to fit the theme. Think Rambo, The Dirty Dozen, Conan, The Terminator...that one 'go to' unit that gets the job done!

Make sure you post a Work In Progress shot (NO or MINIMUM paint), as well as the finished product. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT MoTM IS A CONVERSION CONTEST, so no stock models!

BE FINISHED BY MARCH 28th, voting starts on the 29th and runs until the 31st.

So welcome back, and let's see those entries! Please leave your questions here. Good luck everyone!

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:51 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Location: having lunch in the Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
i'm in.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:57 am 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Ok I have but one question Dex...

Can the model be ... almost both? Hard to explain, but the model I am making (won't tell, surprises are fun :wink: ) is not a tank hunter, more of a 40k Dragon Slayer. I assume for the sakes of MotM it will be fun, but feel free to tell me otherwise.

Assembled
[||||||||||]
Painted
[||||||||||]
Lizardmen WIP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:24 am 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Go for it!

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:47 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
i gots a couple ideas lets see if i can make them first :wink:

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:38 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Is it fine to add conversions to an existing unit? Or counts as models in my case.

And does it matter when we have the WIP photos up?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:40 pm 

Yes and no.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:44 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I'm in, but I'm not entirely sure if the model I'm making counts. I don't want to give it away, but it kinda fits the "Rambo" idea.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:46 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I'm thinking of doing a Salamander Commander conversion using Space Marine bits, and some parts from Dark Elf Cold Ones and Black Ark Corsairs. Given that wild 'Salamanders' are basically dragons, do you see this fitting in?

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:47 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
very early WIP :D

im sure you guys can tell what im making :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:59 am 
Silver Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I'm in! Not sure what I'm doing yet, but the theme sounds really cool.

Last edited by Incursus on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:01 am 

I've been mulling over what I'd do as well ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:52 pm 
The Duckiest!

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Alright, going ahead with my Salamanders Commander. They're easily my favourite SM Chapter to paint, and I've got some great bits from my spare Dark Elf models.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:04 pm 

hey dez can i edit my WIP shot with a newer updated one?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:42 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I've got lots of bitz lying around and I want to model a new ork, so I'm making the Nob for my tankbustas.

Start here: http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=63550

It only gets better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next