It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:03 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Wow, that was a lot of hacking away with an exacto to get those pieces cut! I didn't have any extra bases, so I sculpied one up, as well as the busted backpack (I didn't want to completely ruin one of my last good ones since I was already one short for the rest of my box set. I'll base coat and paint him this week. A lot of the details arn't visible yet, but I'll have better pictures when he's done.

Check out my WIP here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:04 pm 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
These entries blow mines away :|
Have to add some more, got an advantage that this mini already looks like the last one standing.

Me: "was eating cake whilst drinking. was good"
Jackmrnorris: "This man is close to nirvana. It is known."

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:12 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
kavika0311 wrote:
You should finish up what you were planning. It'd be nice to see how the same idea can be done differently.

no I think you're well on your way on this one, plus I was rereading Fulgrim last night and I think I'm going to go with a scene from the Dropsite Massacre on Istvaan V.

WIP's up tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Thabow wrote:
no I think you're well on your way on this one, plus I was rereading Fulgrim last night and I think I'm going to go with a scene from the Dropsite Massacre on Istvaan V.

WIP's up tonight.

That was a great book. I'm pretty excited to see that.

Imperial Fists WIP

Critiques and tips are more than welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:19 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I'm pretty excited that the MOTM is back!!

I haven't been able to break out my models since the flood seven months ago and although I kind of tried to start painting again a couple of weeks ago my heart wasn't in it.

but it is now. I've been doing a lot more work with green stuff and plasticard lately and I'm hoping to use this month's contest and an experiment although I haven't used any of either in the work I started last night.

can't wait to get back to it.

@Quirk - lol, that was my other idea, I was going to have a Marine being pulled down into the mud by zombies, but yet again another good idea already though up. I should get up earlier in the morning.

good luck guys let's get some more submissions on the board.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:55 am 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

@Thabow dude you should totally make that zombies rule and that sounds sick!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:17 am 
Gold Vault Member

Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge
Although theme might be far off, this guy seems like the one who would be the last one standing if chaos would get into trouble.

done:

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:38 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

very cool, good paint job, can I ask how much of that was green stuff?

@Quirk, I would, but I won the Halloween MOTM 2010 with a zombie diorama, so I want to try something else, that was my fall back plan anyways, I'm calling my entry The last Morlock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:05 am 
Gold Vault Member

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4 ... HUFOR.html

CMON Gallery
Youtube

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:56 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Okay, I'm finally done with this guy. The upper section of the pipe kept falling off when I tried painting it, so I finally just left it off and bent the tip so it looks like he just ripped it off the pipe in the ground. Also, the auto focus on my camera is off, so the pictures aren't that great, sorry guys. I'm not too happy with the paint job, but I don't have any tiny brushes, and for some reason, the yellow and green seemed like a good idea at the time... Anyway, here's my first Space Marine:

Check out my WIP here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:24 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

here's my first WIP. it was late and dark when I took them, but I'm well on my way now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:36 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I'm finished my entry, But for some reason i'm waiting to post it at the right time. I wonder when the right time is though?

Here is a description: A Lonely and wounded human, last of his warband and lost in Mordheim. He lays in wait for his death and decides to make a last stand against the Goblin's who killed his comrades. Laying in an alleyway with his intestines spilling out, a goblin comes to finish him off.

I miss playing Mordheim...

4th & 5th Edition: Iron Knights SM, Ulthwe Eldar, tyranids
My new wargame forum! http://onlywargames.forumotion.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:53 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Post it up when it's ready ;)

Thabow, your picture links are broken.

I took a quick peek to see if I can fix them. I think it's because we don't have permission to view files on your boards (my gaming group uses the same forum skin). It appears as though you may have directly uploaded them to the forums, and hotlinking is not allowed.

Thanks!

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:12 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Dez wrote:
Post it up when it's ready ;)

Thabow, your picture links are broken.

I took a quick peek to see if I can fix them. I think it's because we don't have permission to view files on your boards (my gaming group uses the same forum skin). It appears as though you may have directly uploaded them to the forums, and hotlinking is not allowed.

Thanks!

ahhhh,,, I can see them, but I guess that doesn't matter, what's the option for a direct up load?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:21 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Sorry Thabow, bad choice of phrasing on my part. You can upload the pics you have to Photobucket or another image hosting service. Then, you can hotlink them to the forums like you did with your pics from your own forums using IMG tags.

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next