It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:49 pm 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
I have figured out the theme for December:

Build a veteran!

Whether it be Da Oldest Boss around, an ancient Daemon Prince, or a renowned tank that has seen it's fair share of battles, make something that looks like it's been through the trials and tribulations of war! This can include everything from weathering, to battle damage, to trophies. Just make him look like he's been in his fair share of battles!

And the winner is...

KRELIAN!

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:50 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Sorry for the delay. Between me being on vacation, and oddities with cookies at work, I wasn't able to post. Though I was magically able to today...

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:45 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
when do we have till with this one as with the run up to xmas i'd struggle to have anything done for the end of the mth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:22 pm 

Because of the Holidays and my Technical Difficulties, this one will run up until January 2nd.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:01 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Cool mines is started now hopefully the missus falls asleep early tonight so i can get some more done on him:D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:35 pm 

I propose procreation to my wife when I want her to go to bed early so I can work on something. That tends to make her too tired really fast.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Would a Daemon Prince work for this? Or would it have to be a specifically souped-up Daemon Prince?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:10 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Dez wrote:
I propose procreation to my wife when I want her to go to bed early so I can work on something. That tends to make her too tired really fast.

:twisted: OMG ROFLAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that works for me too.

just for clarity.. any war ravaged / dirty and grungy unit or troop will do this month ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:24 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Indeed, any war-ravaged individual will do this month. Just make him sufficiently grizzled :P.

And to answer your question Bored, while a Daemon Prince model does have alot of trophies, don't expect to win the competition with an unconverted model :P.

KHARN LOVE KITTEN! KITTEN LOVE KHARN!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:59 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Oh. My. Gosh! I need a squad of... Wait. bad idea. I'm not buying anything until I finish all those stupid orks! XD

Okay. Well, I'll keep this idea in mind.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:03 am 
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
stelladogrocks wrote:
Oh. My. Gosh! I need a squad of... Wait. bad idea. I'm not buying anything until I finish all those stupid orks! XD

Okay. Well, I'll keep this idea in mind.

Convert up some of your Orks with skulls hanging from their belts and Choppaz and paint them up for this :D That'll make your Orks more interesting and would give you something to submit to this, a win-win, even if you lose!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:17 pm 
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Dez wrote:

works opposite for me mate tends to make her drag me through quicker lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:40 pm 
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
It defenitely wouldn't hurt. A decently converted model that is painted is going to get more points than a well converted model without a lick of paint.

KHARN LOVE KITTEN! KITTEN LOVE KHARN!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:08 am 

LoganGrimnar wrote:
Just wondering, does this have to be painted aswell?

Models for Mini of the Month need to be painted.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:54 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

LoganGrimnar wrote:
Just wondering, does this have to be painted aswell?

Any competition figure should be painted.

:idea: I think I have my Idea. I have had and old figure lying around that would have no other use than for this contest. :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next