Mini of the Month December WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!

An ongoing themed competition, hosted by Greywolf and Woulfgar
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Mini of the Month December WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!

Postby Dez » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:49 pm

I have figured out the theme for December:

Build a veteran!

Whether it be Da Oldest Boss around, an ancient Daemon Prince, or a renowned tank that has seen it's fair share of battles, make something that looks like it's been through the trials and tribulations of war! This can include everything from weathering, to battle damage, to trophies. Just make him look like he's been in his fair share of battles!

And the winner is...

KRELIAN!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Mini of the Month December

Postby Dez » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Sorry for the delay. Between me being on vacation, and oddities with cookies at work, I wasn't able to post. Though I was magically able to today...

Misery-Art
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby Misery-Art » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:45 pm

when do we have till with this one as with the run up to xmas i'd struggle to have anything done for the end of the mth
aiden shaun william taylor born dec 15th 2008
Kaitlin taylor due february 9th 2010

Dez

Postby Dez » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Because of the Holidays and my Technical Difficulties, this one will run up until January 2nd.

Misery-Art
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Postby Misery-Art » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Cool mines is started now hopefully the missus falls asleep early tonight so i can get some more done on him:D

Dez

Postby Dez » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:35 pm

I propose procreation to my wife when I want her to go to bed early so I can work on something. That tends to make her too tired really fast.

DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby DrBored » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm

Would a Daemon Prince work for this? Or would it have to be a specifically souped-up Daemon Prince?

emtyach
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby emtyach » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:10 pm

Dez wrote:I propose procreation to my wife when I want her to go to bed early so I can work on something. That tends to make her too tired really fast.

:twisted: OMG ROFLAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that works for me too.

just for clarity.. any war ravaged / dirty and grungy unit or troop will do this month ?

Angel of Death
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Angel of Death » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:24 pm

Indeed, any war-ravaged individual will do this month. Just make him sufficiently grizzled :P.

And to answer your question Bored, while a Daemon Prince model does have alot of trophies, don't expect to win the competition with an unconverted model :P.
World Eater Extraordinaire

KHARN LOVE KITTEN! KITTEN LOVE KHARN!

Monster
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby Monster » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Oh. My. Gosh! I need a squad of... Wait. bad idea. I'm not buying anything until I finish all those stupid orks! XD

Okay. Well, I'll keep this idea in mind.
I read your post 3 times and laughed each time. Dreadlord

DrBored
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #9Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby DrBored » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:03 am

stelladogrocks wrote:Oh. My. Gosh! I need a squad of... Wait. bad idea. I'm not buying anything until I finish all those stupid orks! XD

Okay. Well, I'll keep this idea in mind.

Convert up some of your Orks with skulls hanging from their belts and Choppaz and paint them up for this :D That'll make your Orks more interesting and would give you something to submit to this, a win-win, even if you lose!

Misery-Art
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Postby Misery-Art » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Dez wrote:I propose procreation to my wife when I want her to go to bed early so I can work on something. That tends to make her too tired really fast.

works opposite for me mate tends to make her drag me through quicker lol

Angel of Death
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Postby Angel of Death » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:40 pm

It defenitely wouldn't hurt. A decently converted model that is painted is going to get more points than a well converted model without a lick of paint.
World Eater Extraordinaire

KHARN LOVE KITTEN! KITTEN LOVE KHARN!

Dez

Postby Dez » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:08 am

LoganGrimnar wrote:Just wondering, does this have to be painted aswell?

Models for Mini of the Month need to be painted.

MadMedek
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Postby MadMedek » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:54 pm

LoganGrimnar wrote:Just wondering, does this have to be painted aswell?

Any competition figure should be painted.

:idea: I think I have my Idea. I have had and old figure lying around that would have no other use than for this contest. :lol:
I have a high threshold for other peoples pain.

Return to “Mini of the Month”