It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:49 pm 
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Location: Where the Orks frolic side by side, on roving hills and in gumdrop forests
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting Pledge
Epic Duck Mike wrote:
I've got a Forgeworld Ork Warboss on Bike I'd love to paint up for this,.. but I have a feeling I won't want to look at Orks for a few months come this weekend :P

And the damn Tau don't have wheels on anything!

....Put them on! Nothing says Tau like Ork trukk wheels on a Pirahna... lol :roll: .... Actually that sounds kinda cool, I want it ='(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:23 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

woooo im in. got all the stuf just need to get it done in time.

/¯/________________________
| BLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

'i cast flare!!!' sir schmoopy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:05 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
WIP update. Just some finishing touches (some highlighting on the plume, blending on the "tail") and then the base. hopefully I'll get it done this week just in time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:39 pm 
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Kinda reminds me of a Protos for some reason.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:11 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Finished, sorry about the pics. Kind of dark...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:30 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

This month's competition wasn't really flooding with entries. Next month!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:28 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
Here is my entry. It's a Warriors of Chaos Chariot. No conversions (I really didn't have time) just paint. But, the painting technique is different. It's all washes. I primer the models white, and then use washes and layering to create the painted effect, much like painting with watercolors. I like the effect, but it's very unforgiving of mistakes.

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:10 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
so no metallics at all ie metalic paint

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:04 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry
No metallics at all ;) Just white primer and washes ;)

"I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:48 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challengeParticipated in King of the Hill
Dez, do you custom mix the washes, or use the GW ones right out of the bottle?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:32 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges
edsgotjive wrote:
Dez, do you custom mix the washes, or use the GW ones right out of the bottle?

I am pretty sure he uses regular GW washes, maybe a little mixing. It actually isn't too hard to do so :)

Many people use washes wrong, in which they smother the model with washes, little do they know that washes are meant to selective as they also tint paint on the model. In Dez's case, he created highlights and shadows using different amounts of wash on certain areas; he washed selectively.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:11 am 

They are washes straight out of the bottle. But at the rate I go through them, it's going to be more cost effective for me to start making my own. It is a delicate technique, as I find out more each time I do it. The blending of different color washes also creates some neat effects!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:38 pm 

Dez wrote:
The topic for this month will be.....

WHEELS

It doesn't matter if its a bike, a trukk, rhino, landraider, leman russ, a unicycle, chariot, wheelbarrow, or a tire swing - as long its got a wheel(s) of any size it's fair game.

We have a winner! As per Falkner's PM to me:

"The winner would have to be - angrycanadian - his model just really captured the feel for this months theme. The sheer amount of modeling and converting was absolutely fantastic.

A special mention for Asrodrig - paint job is excellent. White is very hard to pull off and he pulled it off like a pro - very bright and clean, looks perfect.

Also to Dez and Victorious1 - unique model and unique technique. Painting in pure washes gave it a really different look. The 'unicycle' was very creative and the blending was also very nice."

Let's get geared up for next month!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7