Mini of the Month October '14 - TRICK OR TREAT!!

An ongoing themed competition, hosted by Greywolf and Woulfgar
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Mini of the Month October '14 - TRICK OR TREAT!!

Post by Dez » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:16 pm

It's the return of Mini of the Month! So get fresh blades in your xacto knives, knead up your greenstuff, straighten your bristles and show us what you've got!

October's theme is 'TRICK OR TREAT!!'. Let's see those Halloween inspired creations and gnarly Monsters! I want to see everyone enter, from simple conversions to over the top insanity! Post your WIP here, and ask each other questions and become a better modeler!

All systems are valid, in fact it doesn't even need to be a model from a game system. Use your imagination, go nuts! Multiple entries are allowed and ENCOURAGED!!!

Please have all entries in by October 28.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Khornateminis
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Mini of the Month October '14 - TRICK OR TREAT!!

Post by Khornateminis » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:17 am

Not doing this as I am a terrible Painter/Converter/Everything model wise, but Anvil Industry makes some Pumpkin heads, which are a perfect fit for space marine heads, and they are carved with classic Halloween designs
Blood For The Blood God!
And Cupcakes For Me!

2000-Dark Eldar
600-ish Orks (On Hold)
340-ish Slaanesh Chaos Marines (Starting)

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:42 am

Remind me Dez, is sculpting something entirely from scratch off the table? Should it specifically be a conversion? Just wondering/scheming...
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:52 am

Sculpting counts 100%, go for it!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:19 am

<mrburns>Excellent</mrburns>

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:54 pm

Well this MOTM is hoppin' with activity :P

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by xand » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:32 am

I keep telling myself I should take some time and sculpt something, but too much stuff going on :( Maybe this weekend...
Nature Chaos: 1039 pts

Check out my WIP here:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:29 am

All I've converted this month is a couple of Deathwatch Tacticals, not really too much cutting going on there really and more kitbash than conversion. Also I won't be painting them before month's end! :(

EDIT: Wait I do have a chaos spawn with custom arms sitting on my desk. That might be doable!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Well, here goes nothing, pictures of my primed(and dusty) chaos spawn with custom arms.

Will have to wash this guy before painting him, he's been on my desk a bit too long :P
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:48 am

Aw darn, it was octoboer 28th? I thought I had until the 31st, oh well, if anyone cares, here is my painted chaos spawn:

Not my greatest work ever, but it'll do.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Crusherfex » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Can we do a November-December event? It's too late to start a November MOTM, but we could still use these 15 days and give everyone more time for the December competition.