Mini of the Month December '13 - Inner Circle!

An ongoing themed competition, hosted by Greywolf and Woulfgar
Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Mini of the Month December '13 - Inner Circle!

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:38 pm

I was gonna make him slaanesh but couldnt find a left arm that could fit well besides a flamer arm, I might pull it off and look some more but for now he's my tzeentch one, the khorne and nurgle dudes are finished as well and I'll post pics later.

The left arm on him though is a raptor lightning claw mixed with the open hand from the talos and some sculpting work. the right arm is a flamer arm with a shoulder pad.

EDIT: Made him slaanesh by giving him a sword instead of the flamer arm, w00t... now I gotta build a tzeentch one.... hmmmm
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

Oceangrave0
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:50 pm

OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!

SkragaDaBoss
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by SkragaDaBoss » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Does the 30th deadline apply to this as well?
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas

Orks (Goffs)- 2000 points
Dark Angels (5th Company)- 1750
Chaos Space Marines (Death Guard)- 1000
Dark Eldar (Kabal of the Eternal Ice)- Coming soon...

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Yup
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

SkragaDaBoss
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by SkragaDaBoss » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:13 pm

PHEW...
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas

Orks (Goffs)- 2000 points
Dark Angels (5th Company)- 1750
Chaos Space Marines (Death Guard)- 1000
Dark Eldar (Kabal of the Eternal Ice)- Coming soon...

Thabow
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Thabow » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:28 pm

I'll to post pics of my entry tonight, thank goodness it doesn't have to be painted,

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:53 pm

It doesn't?

Thabow
Ribbons Earned: Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Thabow » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:46 am

Dez wrote:It doesn't?

well I'm under coating it, but my entry has a Greater Daemon and 11 other characters in it, I'd never finish the whole thing before the end of the month.

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:28 pm

here's my entry.

WIP

Diromara WIP

Finished Conversion

Size comparison.

the wolves

chaos characters

and the rest....

I just got hit with three commissions I wasn't planning on taking and a personal project involving seven tanks that all need a lot of work to fix up so it will be awhile before I get back to this model but the plan is, to put this model on a fancy base with all the additional characters but to also build it in such a way that it can be used as a gamable model.

and that's my entry.

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:46 pm

They look great...but models need at least 3 colors to be considered painted. That still applies , I'm confused why you think they don't need to be painted ;)

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:07 pm

not sure, I guess I thought this was more conversion orientated now.

But if that's the case I will humbly with draw this project as an entry. Unless I can get a color or two on them before the end the of the month.

TheHoundmaster
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by TheHoundmaster » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Thabow, that is an AMAZING diorama! Even if its not in MotM I can't wait to see it finished! That chaos beast is truly one of the best looking and most terrifying conversions I've ever seen. Bravo sir, bravo!
The Warhammer Fantasy Guy!

Thabow

Post by Thabow » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:53 pm

TheHoundmaster wrote:Thabow, that is an AMAZING diorama! Even if its not in MotM I can't wait to see it finished! That chaos beast is truly one of the best looking and most terrifying conversions I've ever seen. Bravo sir, bravo!

thanks very much, I put a lot of work into this model. I wanted a Nurgle Greater Daemon that didn't look like a rotten frog about to burst. I wanted something that looked like it would be really hard to kill. Also I started the painting tonight and I'm excited to say that I can't see it taking more than a few hours from this point so there's a good chance I'll have it finished in time.

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:41 am

simple. "Veterans of the Watch"

I would post images of the Deathwatch Command Squad but they're not fully painted and some of them are so meh :P
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

Oceangrave0

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:36 pm

I'M DONE! AND ON TIME! w00t!

lords of the gods! all partially converted and completely painted
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!