Mini of the Month March '13: OPEN!!!

An ongoing themed competition, hosted by Greywolf and Woulfgar
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Mini of the Month March '13: OPEN!!!

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:52 pm

It's the return of Mini of the Month! So get fresh blades in your xacto knives, knead up your greenstuff, straighten your bristles and show us what you've got!

Congratulations to Dez for winning in February and picking our theme this month.

February's theme is 'OPEN'. That's right, anything you can dream up I want to see what you can do! Sky's the limit, so go nuts. Multiple entries are allowed and ENCOURAGED!!!

Make sure you post a Work In Progress shot (NO or MINIMUM paint), as well as the finished product. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT MoTM IS A CONVERSION CONTEST, so no stock models!

BE FINISHED BY 11:59 March 29th, voting starts on the 29th and runs until early March 30h.

So welcome back, and let's see those entries! Please leave your questions here. Good luck everyone!

TELL YOUR FRIENDS! The more entries the merrier. First time converting? Throw your hat in the ring! This is the place to get some constructive feedback. Please link back here if you are posting in your WIP or Blog threads and spread the word!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Stanfar
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Mini of the Month March '13: OPEN!!!

Post by Stanfar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Great! Time for a round two, so I'm in! :) I going to do couple daemon princes, which one of them is going to be mostly custom made. :D Then I might do some death company guys, but we shall see.
Last edited by Stanfar on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 pm

I guess ill join in, convert a slug chaos marine, get some green stuff practice
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

eberkain
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by eberkain » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:56 am

I've been wanting to convert the old melikhor on winged nightmare to a master necro on hell steed, time to get started.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:48 am

I started working on mine last night. Gotta get it done for Pax!

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:22 pm

I've got an idea here, but not sure if I'll actually have time to execute it... we'll see :P
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:25 pm

WIP shot, still got some sculpting to do and some general work, i didnt really like it until I decided to put a shell on it.
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

eberkain
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by eberkain » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:12 am

Pics are from iPad, finals will be on my camera.

Last edited by eberkain on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eberkain
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by eberkain » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:36 pm

I had fun doing it, done and done. It's just 'meh' though. Don't have lamps for a proper light box, so did the best I could with final pics.

TheTemplar
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by TheTemplar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:04 am

I'm in for this month, time to throw down!
Black Templars - 3000+ points
Owned
[||||||||||]
Assembled
[||||||||||]
Painted
[||||||||||]

BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by BewareOfTom » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:09 am

im in
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

fluffyfen
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by fluffyfen » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:46 am

heres some early WIP shots
Bromanced to my Brosband - BewareOfTom

Pen gun, mightier than the sword. Sword gun, mightier than the pen gun.

TheTemplar
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by TheTemplar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:26 am

I can't imagine I am going to be able to create something better than that, but in any case great work fluffyfen!
Black Templars - 3000+ points
Owned
[||||||||||]
Assembled
[||||||||||]
Painted
[||||||||||]

Dez

Post by Dez » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:02 am

TheTemplar wrote:I can't imagine I am going to be able to create something better than that, but in any case great work fluffyfen!
Try for better. You'll find that you'll stretch your skills to the limit and become better yourself. Feel free to post your WIP and ask questions here!

Sniperfex
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:15 am

I would post... but... my mum has prevented me from buying anything.. so if I do post... it will be a minor conversion
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993