MotM Voting Thread Voting Thread: LARGE AND IN CHARGE!

An ongoing themed competition, hosted by Greywolf and Woulfgar

Who won?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Stanfar
No votes
Arnathos
No votes
Nappen
9%
Dez
91%

Total votes: 11

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

MotM Voting Thread Voting Thread: LARGE AND IN CHARGE!

Post by Dez » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:36 pm

This month's theme was LARGE AND IN CHARGE! Please vote on your favorite, and please leave some critique for these projects below. This just helps the modelers and painters get that much better! You can view more WIP shots here http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 0&t=102262

The winner gets to pick the theme for March, so Vote now!

Stanfar

Arnathos

Nappen

Dez

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: MotM Voting Thread Voting Thread: LARGE AND IN CHARGE!

Post by Arnathos » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm really glad with the turnout this month! Great entries, though I feel Dez really blew everyone out of the water with his Maulergiant, its imposing, sexy and really embodies everything mini of the month.

I also love the base Stanfar made for his Dragon, its a great looking model and I feel guilty my cannon barrage took it out first turn in our 4000 points battle :(

Nappen also did an amazing job on that dreadnought, I just love those balloons! The paint job is also amazing, with all the little symbols and details.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

camsmclean
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by camsmclean » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Man! I needa get in on one of these! Very nice guys!

I really like Arthanos paint job. Very much my style, blacks and reds. And the base really sets it off, thats what I need to work on, different bases color, but making to model pop.

Dragon is cool, by stanfar. Awesome base. Im a big woc guy always wanted this model.

Love the balloons Nappen. Also like the base, cool lil flowers and plants and such.

But ya, I went with Dez. It looks like it took sooooo much work and it shows and looks great. Nice paint job. Like the mouth hose/tube, always creeps me out to see things as such, which is good.

Good work everyone!
Fantasy: WoC = 5000, Daemons = 3000, Dwarfs = 4000
40k: IG = 9000, SW = 4000
Warmachine: Cryx = 200
Hordes: Skorne = 100
All 100% Painted

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:02 pm

I think Dez is a no-brainer, flipping awesome. And he gave me the idea for the balloons, too.

I think everyone did a great job meeting thier intents. I personally had a blast with mine and my daughter loves it.

Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Switchblade » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm sad... work called me in last night and I couldn't get pics uploaded of the Dreadknight I worked on. Oh well.

Dez, amazing piece of work, the ONLY issue I have (and I'm nit-picking) is I wish you could have re-posed the giant in some way. I absolutely love the way you fused the arms and especially the foot into the skeleton and got the scale really well.

Nappen, Love the balloons man, they really add to the piece.

Stanfar, I really couldn't get a good look at the base to figure out what exactly has been done to it. The model has presence, but reading through comments I had to figure out what was changed. Perhaps a few different camera angles could have toned down the stock model and highlighted the changes.

Arnathos, I've never really like the Demon Prince model, and his left arm just looks way too flat. Is it the camera angle? I do enjoy the chaos scepter however, good use of leftover bits!
"I find myself reaching for that giant underbed box of Legos from when I was still a kid for bits." - Switchblade
"Switchblade, you are my hero." - eNi

Check out my Painting Services
http://tinyurl.com/b38xlnp

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks to everyone that participated this month, see you all in March :)
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!