Mini of the Month February '13: LARGE AND IN CHARGE!!!

An ongoing themed competition, hosted by Greywolf and Woulfgar
Switchblade
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Mini of the Month February '13: LARGE AND IN CHARGE!!!

Post by Switchblade » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Untitled by Switchblade9, on Flickr

My Grey Knights DreadKnight, the Bane of Tzeentch. He has slain many hundreds of the Thousand Sons, and has become so entrenched in their gore it has been fused to the very armor of the Dreadknight.

Hope you all enjoy! It was a fun conversion and I re-learned why I don't like using GS. The conversion parts are mostly from a TK Sphinx, you'll recognize the head and pieces of the Howdah.
"I find myself reaching for that giant underbed box of Legos from when I was still a kid for bits." - Switchblade
"Switchblade, you are my hero." - eNi

Check out my Painting Services
http://tinyurl.com/b38xlnp

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:01 pm

I will have the pics of mine up soon, however I have a feeling one of the MC are gonna be the winners of this.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:09 am

And here is my Completed entry:

He turned out pretty ok in my opinion.

EDIT:

Final pic:

Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:58 pm

I'm going to have to drop out guys. I'm posting the reason in my weekly paint thread and just wanted to let you know I really wanted to do this one..but the Universe bit me in the behind.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 pm

I also have to drop out, I really wanted to do it but I can't do hobbying right now due to the pile up of homework, Internship driving school, job, and the ever so fun college courses. Then the added bonus of FASFA and FERPA deadlines with Scholarships forms and an Eagle Scout Project. life is awesome right now :S
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:33 am

I'm not backing out and I've barely started. I'll probably build it the night before like a mad scientist.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:45 am

Dez, do you ever think you may have a slight problem with procrastination?
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:20 am

I think he has the same problem I do with filling the plate too full. Portion control is my issue :)

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 am

Nappen has it. I'm also pretty ADD about projects. Last night I built most of a Valkyrie and prepped an Infantry Squad for primer. My daughter also has the week off from school and it was her birthday, so I've been spending time with her ;)

I also do my best work under pressure ;)

sonofkitrinos
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challenge

Post by sonofkitrinos » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 am

IF I am able to pick up my trollblood starter I have a conversion in mind...don't know if it will be in on time for this challenge, so I shall wait and see.
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHghowell?feature=mhee
Commissions : http://www.hghowel8.wix.com/amethysthobbies
Interested in commission work? Fire me a pm!

meisenheimernicholas
MiniWarGaming Beginner
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by meisenheimernicholas » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Procrastinating hard on this project. Learned quite a bit from the December MotM, trying to up the ante this time.

Lot's of work to be done still, but it's really starting to come together!
Eldar - 5000 points
Tyranids - 2000 points
Imperial Fists - 1500 points

Dez

Post by Dez » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:41 am

Looking good, that thing looks menacing! Nice work getting that dynamic feel with the base.

Dez

Post by Dez » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:39 am

I've started my Maulerfiend.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:07 am

What would happen if you didn't procrastinate?

Marit Lage
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:46 am

I'd join in, but there is no way I'm going to be able to paint him up in time, assuming I get the greenstuff to finish sculpting him.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians