Mini of the Month February '13: LARGE AND IN CHARGE!!!

An ongoing themed competition, hosted by Greywolf and Woulfgar
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Mini of the Month February '13: LARGE AND IN CHARGE!!!

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:47 am

It's the return of Mini of the Month! So get fresh blades in your xacto knives, knead up your greenstuff, straighten your bristles and show us what you've got!

Congratulations to Arnathos for winning in February and picking our theme this month.

February's theme is 'LARGE AND IN CHARGE'. Thinking along the lines of Monsters, Tanks, Dreadnoughts, and other items of stature. Sky's the limit, so go nuts. Multiple entries are allowed and ENCOURAGED!!!

Make sure you post a Work In Progress shot (NO or MINIMUM paint), as well as the finished product. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT MoTM IS A CONVERSION CONTEST, so no stock models!

BE FINISHED BY 11:59 February 27th, voting starts on the 27th and runs until early February 28th.

So welcome back, and let's see those entries! Please leave your questions here. Good luck everyone!

TELL YOUR FRIENDS! The more entries the merrier. First time converting? Throw your hat in the ring! This is the place to get some constructive feedback. Please link back here if you are posting in your WIP or Blog threads and spread the word!

MONSTERS!!! would pretty much let people just pick their favorite game system and convert up a monstrous creature/infantry/cavalry model, a monster, maybe even a dreadnaught or something.

Large and in Charge sounds catchy even though it would be more monstrous HQ and HQ's riding monsters and such, but generally big things would be ideal.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Mini of the Month February '13: LARGE AND IN CHARGE!!!

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:48 am

And I'm in ;)

Stanfar
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Stanfar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm in as well.
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm in, priority this month goes to the deathmatch though, so it'll be a week or 2 before I get pics, but you never know! :P
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:20 pm

Would adding spikes and emblems on a Predator to make it a Chaos pred count as enough? Or would I also need to convert other things, like maybe a Nurgle Gunner or that ilk?
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:39 pm

It depends, because the Chaos Predator comes with that stuff to upgrade it. Converting a cool gunner, using bits from different kits, putting Zombie heads on instead of Targetters...all that counts ;)

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:54 pm

Well I got a Rogue Trader Pred so I would have to actually convert bitz and the like as I have No Chaos Vehicle sprues or money to get them.

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Dez

Post by Dez » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Well there you go, perfect!

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:20 pm

awesome :D

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Stanfar
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Stanfar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Okay so here's my entry for Large and in charge: Groumnir, rune breaker
I still have much, much work to do but these are just WiP pictures. :D
Game scores 2016
40k 4/0/8
Fantasy 3/0/1

Let's have a fun games or die in cheese! :D

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:56 pm

Oh my, you've taken this quite literally! I can't wait to see some paint on it!

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 am

Looking good! :D
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:08 am

Hmmmm I am tempted to join in this month.. since I have a brand new feral warp wolf to build... not sure how I am going to convert it though.... Any ideas?
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:35 am

Greenstuff tentacles? Nothing says warp like tentacles.

If thats not your thing, maybe do a monicle, top hat and bow tie for him, it would look awesome.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Lady_Soria
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Lady_Soria » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:42 am

I was thinking of a top hat, ala Worgen of WoW but.. it would not go with the rest of my army, I don;t have funds to make a just a display piece

It may just turn into giving him some trophies from the bitz box.
Everybody wrestles with an inner beast. Mine just has fangs and claws. - Raven Skylander.

Wanna reading my writings? http://lady-soria24.livejournal.com/ ( WARNING some swearing in some stories.)