18%
Arnathos - Sally
9%
Arnathos - The Companions of the Word
64%

Total votes: 11

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

MotM VOTING THREAD January '13: STALWART COMPANION

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:36 am

This month's theme was STALWART COMPANION!!! Please vote on your favorite, and please leave some critique for these projects below. This just helps the modelers and painters get that much better! You can view more WIP shots here http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 0&t=101510

We also had a very interesting month. There were only 2 participants, but they both did multiple entries! I'm going to enable voting for each project, with the most total entries being the winner. This way, it can help gauge what your favorite project is.

The winner gets to pick the theme for February, so Vote now!

xand - Slaanesh pleasure slave

xand - Icon Bearer

Arnathos - Sally

Arnathos - The Companions of the Word

PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: MotM VOTING THREAD January '13: STALWART COMPANION

Post by Dez » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 am

Thanks to xand and Arnathos for your contributions this month, they were all great!

I've been deliberating, and I voted for Arnathos - The Companions of the Word. It may be hard to tell with a cursory glance, but all the models are converted in some way. My favorite is the skull breastplate, that model just sticks in my mind. You used some simple head and arm swaps and created a unit that is full of character.

xand I loved the Herald, the imagination in your CSM army is great. I thought the Slaanesh Slave was great as well, and to be honest I didn't realize it was a tongue she was on until it was painted. But I think it's because we are viewing the model as a whole in a vacuum, due to board restrictions. Slaanesh has a hard time on family friendly boards ;)

Thanks guys!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: MotM VOTING THREAD January '13: STALWART COMPANION

Post by Arnathos » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:53 am

Thanks Dez! All of the models at least have some carving as the aquila needed removing. The skull breatplate guy was actually a result of my model abuse 9 years ago when I got the cadians, the torso was so badly destroyed I had to find something to replace it. Then I found some of the skulls from an old vampire count skeleton box that I once bought as decorational material. I tried the same with one of the flamer guys but it didnt work out too well because of the lack of space from the flamer arms.

Some of the models are a bit subtle, like one of the flamer guys being mostly normal, save for a grasping hand coming from his left side. My favorite is the black guy squatting, the head is from the old OOP chaos warrior kit, it needed some heavy cutting up and reshaping to make it fit, but he looks bad butt, the wire is from a necron destroyer head.

Some of the kits used where: Cadian shock troops, Empire Crossbowmen/Handgunners, Empire State Troops, Empire Greatswords, OOP Warriors of Chaos, Necron Destroyer, Tyranid warrior sprue, Chaos vehicle Sprue, Chaos mutation Sprue, Empire Knights of the White Wolf Sprue, Empire Celestial hurricanum/Luminark of Hysh, Warriors of chaos(current), Chaos Raptors/Warp talons, Space marine tactical Squad(or normal squad, whatever the squad is called) Imperial guard Sentinel, Imperial guard Tank Sprue, Empire General/BSB kit.

I might have left some out but thats most of them.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.