Mini of the Month January '13: STALWART COMPANION!

An ongoing themed competition, hosted by Greywolf and Woulfgar
Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Mini of the Month January '13: STALWART COMPANION!

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:05 am

It's the return of Mini of the Month! So get fresh blades in your xacto knives, knead up your greenstuff, straighten your bristles and show us what you've got!

January's theme is 'STALWART COMPANION'. Thinking along the lines of a demon sword-bearer or a grot oiler. A Sidekick, Henchman or Helper, anyone who might stand in next to a larger character and provide a minor (yet colorful) role. Batman and Robin. Sky's the limit, so go nuts. Multiple entries are allowed and ENCOURAGED!!!

Make sure you post a Work In Progress shot (NO or MINIMUM paint), as well as the finished product. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT MoTM IS A CONVERSION CONTEST, so no stock models!

BE FINISHED BY 11:59 January 29th, voting starts on the 29th and runs until early January 30th.

So welcome back, and let's see those entries! Please leave your questions here. Good luck everyone!

TELL YOUR FRIENDS! The more entries the merrier. First time converting? Throw your hat in the ring! This is the place to get some constructive feedback. Please link back here if you are posting in your WIP or Blog threads and spread the word!

I guess I would go with something like "sidekicks" or "helpers", maybe even stretching so far as "henchmen". Thinking along the lines of a demon sword-bearer or a grot oiler. Anyone who might stand in next to a larger character and provide a minor (yet colorful) role.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Mini of the Month January '13: STALWART COMPANION!

Post by Arnathos » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 am

I was planning to do some chaos cultist conversions, would that be eligible? Very basic stuff really a couple of cadians to increase the number of cultists I have.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 am

The bodyguard of the Cultist Champion? Then yes!

Crusherfex
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Crusherfex » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:45 am

I have some ideas, this seems fun, and it goes nicely with last month's theme.

Who won last month anyway?

Dez

Post by Dez » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Xand! Sorry I'll edit this later.

Field Marshall Terry
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Field Marshall Terry » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm going to use an old Cadian Commander and Regimental Standard to replace my current plastic ones as I don't feel like my current Commander Mini fits the story. I'll type up a story for the regimental standard. This is really an excuse for me to get them done. lol But whatever still see what you guys think
"And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low? Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know."

Evon
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Evon » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:11 am

Shame a conversion is needed, if not, Reinholdt, the Gobber speculator (Mercs - WM) would be perfect

Arnathos
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:51 am

You could always do some cutting and greenstuffing on the model, convert him up a bit to make him look cooler. I have no idea how conversion friendly privateer press models are though.
Last edited by Arnathos on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Oceangrave0
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.Placed First with a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Oceangrave0 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:53 pm

The gobber wouldve been rather amazing except he is only for a few armies lol and i wish i had the bits to do this but... i sadly dont T-T
OH YES HE HAS RETURNED!
Your local chaotically infused servitor
"I'm starting to wonder if Ocean is in fact a plague marine." - Soria

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by xand » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 am

This was part of a commission piece I just finished, and it fits the theme so I figured I'd go ahead and post it. She is a Slaanesh pleasure slave bound by the feet of a deamon prince (princess). She is originally from the Dark Eldar vect set. I sculpted the tongue and greenstuffed her chained cuffs to the larger chain the deamon princess has on her belt. These models were a challenge since they're metal and I'm not use to that.

Nature Chaos: 1039 pts

Check out my WIP here:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

Sniperfex
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Sniperfex » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 am

I've already got a miniature for this event lol :lol:

I've got a Cato Sicarius counts as.. but I'm going to be making another 5 sternguard and Kantor within the week

just re-read the explanation.. maybe i wont be using cato or kantor lol... maybe a sternguard veteran or something i don't know yet :P
"Do you really want to waste your time
Wake up and live your life
I want to be your chemical ride"

Sniperfex, ruining people's hopes and dreams since 1993

xand
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by xand » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:19 am

I've also started working on a second entry for this month, an icon bearer for my resurrected Khorne marines' Chaos Lord:

I'll be painting it up soon.
Nature Chaos: 1039 pts

Check out my WIP here:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=69158

And my youtube channel here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cauldroncra ... e=g-subs-u

IGfanatic
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Mods, please no more ribbons for me. They break!

Post by IGfanatic » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:49 am

Ill try to get pics up tomorrow
Iggy's are proud and noble creatures.

The Jank Collective Youtube channel.

Arnathos

Post by Arnathos » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:09 am

Far be it from me to let Xands entries go unopposed, I present to you, Cultist Sally!

Its pretty much done, got bits from all over to make this one, and even carved him a quarter chaos star where the aquila symbol used to be, and a scar on his face.

Sally is a bodyguard for my cult champion, once a highly decorated IG officer, sally turned to chaos after a life of being teased for having a girls name. Now he serves the prophet that revealed the truth of the universe to him and never makes fun of his name, for everyone is but a dog in the eyes of the chaos gods.

Imma paint this guy up, should make the carving more visible.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
WHFB:

Dez

Post by Dez » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:33 am

Haha love the fluff!