Any customizable mech mini games out there?

Play another game other than those listed above? Discuss them here!
xelaxela222
MiniWarGaming Regular

Any customizable mech mini games out there?

Postby xelaxela222 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Hey MWG
I just wondered if there were any mech based tabletop games where you customize the mechs similar to armored core or even medabots. I think it'd be a cool concept for a game. I haven't played battletech or heavy gear yet. Battletech because I kind of don't like the figures, and heavy gear because I don't know enough about the game to sink any money into it yet. Thanks MWG
All responses appreciated.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

"I bet you're dying for a cup of tea"~Grandma

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Any customizable mech mini games out there?

Postby wizardv12222 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:29 am

Well if you can get past the looks of the mechs for Battletech, it does have rules for making your mechs from scratch.

Only mech game I've ever played.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Zeruel13
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Postby Zeruel13 » Sun May 27, 2012 5:34 am

Yeah Battletech is he game for you.

xelaxela222
MiniWarGaming Regular

Postby xelaxela222 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:40 am

Since you guys suggested battletech I have been doing a bit of research. I loved the mechwarrior and mechassault video games, since mechwarrior 3. I am interested in battletech but the game system itself seems kind of dull. is it a fun game to play? I love some of the models, and I am tempted to grab the introductory set but I dont know if I will actually ENJOY playing the game. I'm more worried about my brother :P I can like any game but my brother is a bit more picky and he's all I have to play with. Thanks guys I really appreciate your responses and I am kind of excited to try this game out and get back into painting. I was really good at painting, even got third place at a local contest, but I havent painted it in about a year... anyway thanks again.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

"I bet you're dying for a cup of tea"~Grandma

wizardv12222
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Postby wizardv12222 » Sun May 27, 2012 2:34 pm

I think there is quick start rules out there so you can try it out before you play it.
3665 - Blood Angels
2000+ - Orks
1500+ - Space Wolves

Check out my YouTube channel for battle reports, and painting videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardv12222?feature=mhee

Zeruel13
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Postby Zeruel13 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:50 pm

The game can be incredibly exciting. I have personally always enjoyed it more than anything GW has ever put out. You can also download MegaMek and play against people online. If you want give the program a download and send me a PM, I'd be happy to act as a test opponent to see if you like the system.

Return to “Other Miniature Games”