AT-43

Play another game other than those listed above? Discuss them here!
Steelforce77
MiniWarGaming Regular

AT-43

Post by Steelforce77 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:27 pm

how many people are still into AT-43? i've been into it for a while and am dissapointed to see that it was in decline for awhile but has recently began turning in the right direction.
For those of you who dont know what the game is, it is developed by Rackham and is a sci-fi skirmish level game with a great set of rules and while the story line is somewhat lacking the models are all at a reasonable price, 8 models for 25$, while this may still seem over priced, not only is that cheaper than 40k, but the models all come assembled and pre painted to a decent quality. The rules for the game can be found online at at-43.com and are simple to learn but provide an indepth tactical experience to the game making for fast and fun games, and if you look online you can make a good sized army for a cheap price, i found a site recently (not going to reveal due to low stock) where i can pick up unit boxes for 10$ each! Ive already doubled the size of two of my armies!
Also rackham is releasing their 'army boxes', which provide players with a 2000AP army for an amazing deal of 70$ for 200$ worth of products.

Factions
UNA- are the main human faction and have exceptional armor and weaponry and legendary heroes, but their vehicles are known for low armor.
Red Blok- the second human faction which revolves around capitalist ideals and is the 'horde' army in the sense that they have mobs of cheap troops supported with high leadership and rock hard vehicles.
Therians- the most advanced faction that serves as the aggresive species in the fluff, and feature elite troopers with access to numerous special abilities.
Karmans- Space monkeys that are hard hitting and heavily armored.
In addition rackham is working on two other factions, ONI, and the Cogs, the cogs have been released while ONI is still in development but heres the gist of them.
Cogs- feature the most powerful infantry in the game but will almost always find themselves outnumbered.
ONI- appears to be some kind of sci-fi zombie race, i dont know much about how they play but sci-fi zombies always rock.

So hopefully this will motivate some players to give the game a try and help bring it back, and if your curious look into it and you can pick up the starter set or wait for the army starter sets if you prefer a particular race.

Long Live AT-43!
"There are no friends, only enemies you don't have a desire to kill." -Dark Elf Saying

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and i set the hounds on you...

Asrodrig
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: AT-43

Post by Asrodrig » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:36 pm

The thing I don't like about AT-43 is that the minis are already painted when you buy them. And also you have to mess around with cards...

Steelforce77
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Steelforce77 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Yeah the pre-painted minis lack for personalizing your army, but it helps when you play multiple games and dont have time for painting, (i'm still only halfway through my tyranids). And as for the cards i find it easier than browsing through reference books. But i guess to each his own opinion.
"There are no friends, only enemies you don't have a desire to kill." -Dark Elf Saying

Craaag
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Completed a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Craaag » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:39 pm

My friend and I are just starting to get into this and we played a few of the small intro scenarios in the box set. We loved how fast the game played, very straight forward and refreshing.

Also both of us have alot of armies from various games in the process of painting, it's great to get something that won't be competing for limited painting time. They look pretty good too right out of the box.

Steelforce77
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Steelforce77 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:39 am

yeah i agree, when you want something fast and fun, but dont have time to paint, it is definately the game to play.

backfromthedead
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by backfromthedead » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:15 pm

the game is cool stream lined rules and when you play multiple games, it cuts back on all the work.
here is my progress blog http://backfromthedeads.blogspot.com/

CCotD
Gold Vault Member

Post by CCotD » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:51 pm

The pre-painted part is easy to deal with... you repaint them. The sculpts are very well done and they would make great IG models, especially for those who would repaint them.

There are numerous examples on the AT-43 forums where people have primed and re-painted them with great success.

I've been painting models for over 30 years and finally realized that I hate doing it because to me it is a huge time sink. I'd rather play than paint. I'm a gamer first, hobbiest 2nd. So AT-43 suites me fine. Great rules with decent, table top quality mini's = WIN!

Darkeldar
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Darkeldar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:40 am

I like the fluff and I have all the army books (yes I picked up the Cog book at GenCon), and I have gone over the rules. But something about the game just doesn't make me want to invest any more time and money into it.

I think it's a great starter game to get tweens and teens into the hobby, but it seems a bit too light for a mature gamer. I'm not really into the PPP vs. painted metal/plastic debate, as I've gotten into skirmish scale because I don't want to paint dozens of the same miniature.

I like what I see about most of the miniatures, but sometimes it's what they do with some major models that makes me go meh.
All the best freaks are here...Stop staring at me!

backfromthedead
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by backfromthedead » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:30 am

Yeah there regular models are fine but i wish the chacter models had more detail, All though it would see that have been making resion models for there chacters which is enough for me and besides you can all ways repaint them with ease.
here is my progress blog http://backfromthedeads.blogspot.com/

last2bhuman
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by last2bhuman » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:28 pm

AT-43 ... I just started building my armies , and if anyone has cogs three star infantry or a few pieces of UNA (shock troopers)(steel trooper at), or Therian ( succubus , Arachnids) for sale.please get ahold of me !!!!

Cheers,
Chris