Looking for a good WWII game

Play another game other than those listed above? Discuss them here!
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Looking for a good WWII game

Post by Nappen » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:48 pm

My son and I are looking to play WWII because we have moved to Germany and think it would be fun to see historical sites and link them to our wargaming.

I have been looking around the webs and think I have it down to a few options.

FOW, I ain't shot yet mum, rapid fire, bolt action, battlegroup leading the pack.

Does anyone have experience with these and can give a recommendation?

I have a ton of 28mm terrain, but not a lot of period appropriate so 15mm is okay.

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Looking for a good WWII game

Post by coldsteel » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:40 am

if it was still around, Command Decision from GDW was an excellent system.
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

rrd32
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by rrd32 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:07 pm

If you didn't find a game system yet I'm selling my Iron Ivan Blood Guts and Glory rules and everything you need to play but figures its a one figure is one guy skrmish game great city fight game

Senaj001
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Senaj001 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:06 pm

I've played Flames of War and Bolt Action for a few years now. Both games have there merit. What scale are you looking to play at? Company-level and larger, or platoon-level or smaller?

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:41 pm

Right now, I have not found any players, so am thinking of just trading it all off. I may keep some of the BA stuff since the scale works with my terrain.

Tibour
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Tibour » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:56 am

This is probably way to late but I would go with BA, Bolt Action. It is a great rule set. Quick to learn and easily adaptable to other eras as well. Since I have started playing it I have stopped playing most of WW2 rule sets.