It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

This part of the forum is for those who don't wish to game in the current/past weeks' events. Future or off the current time-line scenarios, batreps, and the kitchen sink all go in here.

Post subject: 766.M41 Mission
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:03 pm 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Several Imperial Listening posts in the Catachan and Ryza Systems are attacked by Eldar Pirates under the Command of Prince Yriel!

To Play this Scenario you will need:

*5 Bunkers, Each with a Mounted Heavy Bolter, Lascannon or Multi Laser. (Twin Linked One for the Designated Command Post)

*1000 Points of Catachans or Cadians. Note that the Mechanized and Drop Troops doctrines may not be taken.

*750 Points of Eldar and Prince Yriel

*Special Characters may not be chosen by either side.

Rules and Setup:

Use a 6x4 Table for this.

*The Imperial Guard Player May Place the 5 Bunkers anywhere on one side of the Table. (2x6) (Armour 11(Or Armour 14 for the Command Post)) (Transport Capicity of 175 Points - 225 Points (200 Recommended)) (All Models Must Start in the Bunkers, Except Vehicles, who Start within 6 Inches of Each Bunker)

*He/She may then place jungle terrain no closer than 6 Inches between each terrain feature (Including Bunkers)

To Win, the Eldar Player Must destroy the Opposing Army or destroy the Hq Choices of the Foe, which MUST be garrisoned inside the command Bunker.

To Win, the Imperial Player must slay Yriel, hold out until the game ends or destory the opposing army.

Special Rules:

Close Reinforcements:

Due to a larger Imperial Base close by, the Guardsmen have a large advantage.
After a unit is destroyed, on the next Imperial Players Turn roll a Dice.
On a 4+ The Unit Arrives from reserves as normal, moving on to the table as normal. Note that the only vehicle that can use this is the Sentanil.

The winner of this Game Gains Control of the Catachan and Ryza Systems!

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Allies May not be Used. Sorry! :)

Platinum Demon - My Miniature Painting Service.

Post subject: Re: 766.M41 Mission
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:06 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Is this for Week 4?

Nice scenario, btw.

-GK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:10 am 
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
I like the scenario, although I think it is a little favoured on the Imperial Guard side.

They are basically getting 5 Razor Backs for free (yeah I know they are immobile, not twinlinked, but more capacity) and they have the easier mission of surviving.

Only things I can really recommend are giving the Eldar a few more points (maybe 850 + Yriel) or giving Eldar first turn (initiative can still be stolen on a 6).

Also, I would like a little more clarification on the deployment. Is it 12" along the long side or is the whole Eldar Army coming in from reserve?

I think it would fit the style of play if the Imperial player could set up on the whole board, and the Eldar player either deepstrikes or comes in from a random board edge (scatter die).

Just some suggestions. But it looks like I will be buying Yriel now ;) I want to play this mission.

Sorry this was mine originally... oddly it came out under a different name...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:19 am 
Spends far too much time here...

It's way too favored towards the Imperial Guards, in my opinion. It should be 1000 points of Eldar pirates and 750 without that respawning rule..