It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Put all the current and past weeks' batreps here! Give us the 411 on all the gruesome details. Game on!

Post subject: Week 7/ 797.M41 Batrep
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:19 am 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Yo-

FINALLY got to play some 40K last night.

It was me vs. Hotness. Hotness played "Marneus Calgar" and I played Orks in Game One. Then we swapped, so it was two very short games. It was the second time Hotness played, so we skipped a lot of stuff and just went for the close combat.

The objective was to see who killed more orks as the marine player.

In the first game, rolling began well and she took out several orks. It took me a few rounds to inflict a wound, but once I inflicted one it seemed to signal the beginning of the end, and the Marine was removed from play within two rounds. Hotness totalled 10 orks.

Then it was my turn, and I came out of the gate swinging, having a great first and second round (total of 8 orks in two CC rounds). Then, my luck turned, and she began inflicting wounds on the Marine. Again, it only took about two rounds before the Marine was removed, but I took out enough Orks for the win. I ended up with 12 orks in my killed pile.

All in all, great intro for new players, we had multiple things going on (Academy Awards, dinner, etc.). The AoBR boxed set has everything for this scenario, so that was pretty cool.

I'll post a link to a *very short* vid in a bit (Snotling #2 is mad I'm on the laptop and wants to play :wink: ). Look for the scotch tape holding the figs in place on their bases.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:14 pm 
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyRYod-tb8c

Hope you enjoy...

-GK