OFFICIAL YOE "NON-LEGAL" ARMY LISTS POLL

Here's the place for discussions on how to make the Year of Ending better. Or off topic rants. Or whatever else that kinda relates to the Year of Ending but may not have it's own area.
Forum rules
Here's the place for discussions on how to make the Year of Ending better. Or off topic rants. Or whatever else that kinda relates to the Year of Ending but may not have it's own area.

Should we have "unofficial" armies in the YOESWC?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:43 pm

1.) Yes.
86%
2.) No.
14%

Total votes: 7

grotkilla
MiniWarGaming Veteran

OFFICIAL YOE "NON-LEGAL" ARMY LISTS POLL

Post by grotkilla » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Greetings, once again, True Believers!

This poll is to determine whether or not to allow "unofficial" army lists into the Year of Ending Summer Worldwide Campaign (to shorten it, I think I'll start saying YOESWC :roll: ).

This would include such armies as The Lost and The Damned, etc.

The long explanation below is for your reading pleasure and my own personal thoughts. If you bore easily, or have kids, or no extra time, just skip it. :wink:

I am not interested in any kind of "game necromancy," or poppy cock such as that. Hobbyists in the past, and currently, put together beautiful armies which are not considered "tournament legal." In other words, Games Workshop says
-for the most part- you will not be able to play such an army at a sanctioned event.

These are armies which would have been legal in the past, but the current status puts them as "unofficial." These ARE NOT homebrew armies with homemade rules.

What I want to know is are other people interested in making them "Summer Campaign Legal"?

This is not an excuse for uber armies designed to crush the crud out of everyone. I'm curious as to whether or not anyone wants to show up for a game and have it be against an army they might not normally get to play against? I think I've played one game against LatD, and it was fun.

Please post additional thoughts, pro, con, or undecided.

Thanks,

-GK

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Re: OFFICIAL YOE "NON-LEGAL" ARMY LISTS POLL

Post by Joe » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:47 pm

You want to bring back stuff like in the Eye of Terror Codex, or some things like the Tank company?

It's all just for fun, so I don't see why not. You may have to amend some rules here and there. But it's not a bad idea at all.
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Magus of All
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Magus of All » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm working on an update of the genestealer cult minidex BoLS has so that i can have a little extra firepower for my 'nids, so I don't see way not. It's not like we're doing a tournament here.
Tyranids:Hive Fleet Charon-2500
slinking through space devouring one colony at a time

Imperial Guard: 412th Battle Braziers-2000
Blazing a path through the orks on Zytos Prime

grotkilla
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by grotkilla » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:53 am

The people have spoken, and we will allow people playing in the YOEWSC to field "unofficial" armies.

Keep in mind this should really be limited to what had an "official" list at some point (or reasonable fascimile thereof), and anyone fielding such an army should let other players know in advance.

Thanks to all who voted!

Waaaghh!!

-GK