Ummm.....

"The Year of Ending" is an unofficial, player-driven, worldwide campaign. It follows the timeline found in the main 40K Rulebook (pp.126-129). Each week battles will rage across the galaxy in different locations. Find new friends, set up battles, and play 40K all year in this, the first year of the "Year of Ending!" Players are encouraged to set up events, post pics, tell stories, and generally expand on their 40K games. Let everyone you know about this event and direct them here, to Miniwargaming.com
Forum rules
"The Year of Ending" is an unofficial, player-driven, worldwide campaign. It follows the timeline found in the main 40K Rulebook (pp.126-129). Each week battles will rage across the galaxy in different locations. Find new friends, set up battles, and play 40K all year in this, the first year of the "Year of Ending!" Players are encouraged to set up events, post pics, tell stories, and generally expand on their 40K games. Let everyone you know about this event and direct them here, to Miniwargaming.com
sqwertyman
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #2Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Ummm.....

Post by sqwertyman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:11 am

What is supposed to be posted here????
Poo. There, I said it.

Woulfgar
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Ummm.....

Post by Woulfgar » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:36 am

I don't know. Maybe pics from New Years Eve partys? :?:

Woulfgar

zircher
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #3Group Build Badge #4Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by zircher » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:57 pm

[Post edited so that the sub-board's original intent remains intact. Good luck with the campaign!]
--
TAZ
Last edited by zircher on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Woulfgar
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Woulfgar » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Normaly my mom makes a ton of snacks. Cheese and crackers begals and spinich dip, stuff like that. And we sit down and whatch Groundhog Day. Good movie.

Woulfgar

Rusty545
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting Pledge

Post by Rusty545 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Who the heck is grotkilla?
Your Favourite Band Sucks

sqwertyman
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #2Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by sqwertyman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:21 pm

I think grot killas one of the miniwargaming team. This is his intro:
http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... f=6&t=3784
Poo. There, I said it.

grotkilla
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by grotkilla » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Sorry, I was shopping when I got Matt's message. :oops: I'm posting on what's going on.

-GK

Blood Angel 1
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Blood Angel 1 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:56 pm

Woulfgar isnt Groundhog Day a bit more fitting to watch on, GROUNDHOG DAY!! But its all good its got Bill Murray in it :D go Caddyshack :P

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Post by Joe » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:58 pm

I like the idea... but I think you have some work to do to keep everybody entertained for an entire year.

I haven't really thought about what would go into something of this scale, but I do have little mini suggestions:

You should have scheduled events, such as specific battles you want everybody to partake in that coincide with the timeline.

Have pictures and give reports on battles (compiled from reports from people sending them in) and having stats, as in which armies lost what and stuff... I played in a Campaign that had all sorts of stats, it was pretty cool to see what happened to people throughout the games over a couple of weeks.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. But if you already have all of this stuff thought out, I would love to see some of it. Thanks.
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Ragnas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Ragnas » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:24 pm

Just when you think the movie is going to end... Another day...

grotkilla
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by grotkilla » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:37 pm

Joe- Thank you for the suggestions! Yeah, I realized after I said to some people I'd do it that keeping interest is the hard thing. I'm really hoping people register here and start meeting up to battle, and then we get the other stuff. If a few start, I think others will get inspired.

I am doing a bit of fluff (based on the timeline) and then if I find a scenario that fits, suggesting that one. The problem with that is I can't find my disc I had all that info stored on, and GW has pulled down all the older edition info.

I will say the first week I'm suggesting the "Repent" scenario, and that even comes with a modelling idea. That will probably go up Christmas week. So everyone can make the model. :roll:

Ragnas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Ragnas » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:42 pm

I think a crucial part for somthing like this is a clear concept in exactly what you are doing! Heh Is it

Post battle reports of your game?
Make Video of game?
Sculpt models / paint / make terrain to fit the time line?

or what.

Maybe im not reading heh but those are also sugestions if its not that :P

Also flashy images advertising each week might catch peoples eye :)

Good Luck man!

Woulfgar

Post by Woulfgar » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:08 pm

Groundhog Day can be watched at any time! And hey, its always fun to ring in the new year with a laugh.

Woulfgar

grotkilla
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by grotkilla » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:12 pm

I'm trying to get my cake, and eat it, too.

I think there's room for all kinds of 40K goodness. I'm talking with Matt right now about setting up different sections for the forum, both for clarity, and for peeps to have particular areas to post all the deliciousness that is our hobby. :D

Since the timeline is controlled by what's in the rulebook, anyone can have a rought idea of what's coming up. What I would suggest is to have a spin on whatever event occurs in the timeline, if you don't have the particular parties involved.

For example, 744.M41 speaks about Taggarath. The possibilties are kind of endless, from modelling to scenarios. Is this guy a heretic, or is he executed by the Imperium because he sees reality and they want to deny what is to come? The "Repent" scenario in the SOB section is perfect, even comes with a modelling project. Then, what might such a character look like game wise, ie, stats? You could play Imperium vs. Imperium, as one side is loyal to the Emperor at any cost, and the other thinks that Taggarath has seen the future. What if Chaos wanted to protect Taggarath for their purposes, as a way to affect Imperial morale?

What if you don't play Imperial or Chaos? Maybe you could have the same scenario, for example, with Tau. One side has caught Commander Farsight, and wants to execute him. However, the Farsight enclave won't have that, and fights to get him back.

There's lots of ways this could roll out, from scenarios, to events, etc. The one thing that is a constant, and maybe I should have stressed (but didn't, cuz I wasn't sure anyone would actually want to do it at first) is that it remains player driven. It's easy for us to have GW lay down everything, it's going to require effort on our part if we wanna do it on our own.

That said, I'm working on it. Now, I gotta roll and try to find that CD. Thanks to everyone who has posted, some things I've thought of, and the others are all good directions. Gotta say it, this is definetly one of the best forums I've been on!

-GK