monsterpocalypse army building

Reach out and Crush someone! Monsterpocalypse has arrived. Discuss it here!
Chaptermaster27
MiniWarGaming Regular

monsterpocalypse army building

Post by Chaptermaster27 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:38 am

:mrgreen: how long does it take to build up a good army :?: :mrgreen:

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Re: monsterpocalypse army building

Post by Joe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:51 am

You can easily play with just the contents of the Starter, but with even just 1 booster the game really starts coming to life. Currently I think I have picked up 2 or maybe 3 boosters, actually only 2, and I have a really decent sized army.

I think you can only use up to 15 units or something like that, so with 12 I am fairly close to the limit, and I have 4 buildings which is a good start too. I think all that is just about $60 Canadians, and like I said, you can easily play with just the starter.
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

DavicusPrime
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by DavicusPrime » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:04 pm

I'm just starting up too. I have a pair of starters and 6 unit boosters headed my way in the mail... my patience is being tested pretty heavily. :(

What you can use in a game:

Minimums:
1 Monster (Alpha + Hyper)
2 Buildings
4 Units

Maximums:
2 Monsters (Alpha + Hyper)
12 Buildings (no more than 5 of the same type)
15 Units (5 max Elites, no more than 5 of same type)

You get the minimums with a single Starter Box, add 1 building and 4 units per booster and you build up quickly. You can use units from any faction but spawning costs of units not of your monster's faction are higher so focusing on a single faction is encouraged if not required if you plan on playing tourneys and such.

I just want a fun game to inflict on my family and friends. :) So I'm not going to worry too much about it. I figure 32 units, 10 buildings and 2 monsters should provide a nice selection for fun games. And I can always add more as funds and opportunity warant.

-DavicusPrime
favoredctan: "you wound me, sir."
demarcosg: "Roll armour save."
My PhotoBucket Page

Chaptermaster27
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Chaptermaster27 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:59 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: thanks guys i should be getting 2 starters at the weekend so i should be able to play plus my b-day coming up so i'll get more soon.

Eric.West
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by Eric.West » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:34 pm

you may not want to grab 2 starters unless your planning on getting one for someone else. you really only need 1 starter, then after that boosters away; mainly unit.
Successful trades : Greywolf[traded with him 3+ times], Lyzander17, Joe, Rhino, Fighting Gopher, More Dakka [Traded an entire army]