Shadowsun Units

Reach out and Crush someone! Monsterpocalypse has arrived. Discuss it here!
eldar800
MiniWarGaming Regular

Shadowsun Units

Post by eldar800 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi, I have recently discovered the awesomeness of Monsterpocalypse and just got Zor-Magna for the Shadowsun Syndicate. After reading the rulebook on thier website I figured I needed 5 units but I don't know which ones to go after. I like the Shinobi elites type-s things in their gallery but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what units work best with Magna.
Thanks in advance :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
There are several ways of seeing the world, but I prefer to look at it through the sights of my shotgun

DavicusPrime
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Shadowsun Units

Post by DavicusPrime » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:57 pm

What I've found is that a good mix of units will supplement any monster well. I don't have that particular monster but the stuff below ought to be helpful either way.

An Elite + 2-3 of the corresponding Grunt will make an effective combat unit. Moving together and fighting together they can usually inflict damage on opposing monsters all by themselves. For SSS the S-Types and Sun Fighters work out well for this. For an example, an elite + 3 S-Types were able to soundly inflict damage on an opponent last time I played, but a stomp later and they were gone. Having range greatly helps with longevity in this game. Sun Fighter's Anti-Air Skill and long range makes them deceptively potent against flying monsters. I don't have an elite fighter yet or they'd be used a lot more in my games. Shadow gates are designed to allow these units to cover lots of ground but I don't have any yet to have tested that.

But you're going to need units to hold objectives and claim buildings. Interceptors are good for quickly grabbing power zones. What I've found is quickly spawning all my grunt S-types to take ground is a great opening move. They can move quickly with their jump skill and tend to live a while due to their cloak skill so make for a great initial activation.

-DavicusPrime
favoredctan: "you wound me, sir."
demarcosg: "Roll armour save."
My PhotoBucket Page

Return to “Monsterpocalypse”