Monsterpocalypse Map

Reach out and Crush someone! Monsterpocalypse has arrived. Discuss it here!
Fireman Tim
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5

Monsterpocalypse Map

Post by Fireman Tim » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:07 pm

I'm getting my map laminated today at stapels. I'll let you all know how much it cost incase any of you want to do the same.
"Kneel before Zod!"

Machinehead
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Re: Monsterpocalypse Map

Post by Machinehead » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:39 pm

if you get a chance whiley you're there, wanna see if they carry map cases (tubes?) and how much those run?

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Post by Joe » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:21 pm

All you really need is a 2 foot length of PVC tubing. Then you can glue on the caps... that what we usually do at work for blueprints. I dunno if a cardboard one would be cheaper though.

And as for laminating, I hope they have one big enough... I have been to a lot of places that don't. Let me know if it works out...

Also, for club play, I brought in a nice piece of plexiglass.

I still need to play the game ;)
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Fireman Tim
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5

Post by Fireman Tim » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:54 pm

Ok, I didn't get it laminated as they would have to send it out to get done, and I don't know when I would get it back.

So I went with another option. I bought a 24" x 36" poster frame from Walmart for $11. I cut the frame down to 24"x30" (real easy to do) and put my map in it. Yes, it only shows one side, but I only need to get the plexi glass from another frame and switch it with the carboard backing and I will be able to play on both sides.

I was unable to see about the poster tubes, but I am sure they have them.
"Kneel before Zod!"

Epic Duck Mike
The Duckiest!
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Epic Duck Mike » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:45 pm

Just a heads up - I checked with a buddy of mine who works at The Print House in Welland. It'd run almost $90 to get a 24"x30" Poster laminated. On the upside, they have the equipment to do so in-house, so it wouldn't be shipped off anywhere.
Professional Warhammer and Miniature Painting - visit Epic Duck Studios!
I'm NOT currently accepting Commissions. Sorry!
Follow @_EpicDuck on Twitter.

Great artists don't paint because they're inspired; they're inspired because they paint.

Solid_Smurf
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Solid_Smurf » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:50 pm

I got mine laminated at Kinkos for like $12 USD.
I might not be the best, but I've made who ever is quite nervous.
*recovering from games workshop*