Second Series "I Chomp New York" ***PICS***

Reach out and Crush someone! Monsterpocalypse has arrived. Discuss it here!
Fireman Tim
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5

Second Series "I Chomp New York" ***PICS***

Post by Fireman Tim » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:27 pm

My resources at the Shadow Syndicate have uncovered the following:
This set will feature 12 new monster 4 new buildings and 24 new units. Some units will come with new abilities. Concept art is shown for all 12 monsters. G.U.A.R.D. get Laser Knight and Nova, Lords of Cthul get Mogroth and Ulgloth, Martian Menace get Phobos-7 and the Tharsis Station, Planet Eaters get Xavor and Zorog, Terraraurs get Rakadon and Pteradax, and last but not least Shadow Sun Syndicate get Zor Magna and Zor Voltis.
This was quoted out of the Monsterpocalypse Strategy Guide. So it looks like no new factions, but two new monsters per existing factions, and probably 4 new units per faction.

The other interesting thing in the strategy guide is the solo rules. You take on the roll of the units trying to stop the monster. The monster reacts according to die rolls on a chart.
"Kneel before Zod!"

Eric.West
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: Second Series "I Chomp New York"

Post by Eric.West » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:20 pm

I like the sound of t hat much more then all new factions/armies all together. Gives room for expanstion appose to starting a new army.
Successful trades : Greywolf[traded with him 3+ times], Lyzander17, Joe, Rhino, Fighting Gopher, More Dakka [Traded an entire army]

Fireman Tim
Ribbons Earned: Group Build Badge #1Group Build Badge #2Group Build Badge #4Group Build Badge #5

Post by Fireman Tim » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:12 pm

I am good with it too. If you add allies with common agendas, the monster combos are even bigger.
"Kneel before Zod!"

Machinehead
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Machinehead » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:42 pm

supposedly theres some partial lists out there in the Strategy Guide (i'm not willing to pay money for it even if i found it lol) of what can be expected in the next set

Fireman Tim

Re: Second Series "I Chomp New York" ***PICS***

Post by Fireman Tim » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:22 pm

OH BABY!

Looks like we are getting the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty!!!
"Kneel before Zod!"

Fireman Tim

Post by Fireman Tim » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Again, my connections in the Shadow Sun Syndicate have uncovered breaking news of a series of monsters approaching New York City.

It looks like the Terrasuars are getting a Rodan type monster (way cool!). There are a couple of Female monsters (IMO most monsters are female :lol: ). Another Tripod for the Mars Probers, and how about that Cthul puss squirting brain thing :shock: :shock: :shock: .
"Kneel before Zod!"

rotunda
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by rotunda » Sat May 02, 2009 2:21 am

There better be an option to have an epicly awesome battle on top of the empire state building

:D

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Post by Joe » Sat May 02, 2009 11:11 am

I think it might be one of the buildings you can smash, as is the Statue of Liberty and the Chrysler Building, but they are all under different names.

Unfortunately after the club reopened people haven't been playing much of this. I would really like to change that though.

Oh, and if you check out the new updates they are coming out with, you should be extremely excited. Well, if you were around during the early to mid 80's that is ;)
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

RedTablePainting
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by RedTablePainting » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:10 pm

Fire Graut Tim
It doesn't matter how many times you win or lose, all that matters is the hand shake and the laughter that follows the final dice roll.

Jaman
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Jaman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:29 pm

why the unessesary thread necromancy