Vassal!

Reach out and Crush someone! Monsterpocalypse has arrived. Discuss it here!
Loota
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Vassal!

Post by Loota » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:40 pm

So incase you guys didn't know Monsterpocalypse has a Vassal module, because you know PP actually supports Vassal not mentioning names

*Cough*GW*Cough* :lol:

Anyway I provide you with some links maybe you guys might want to challenge me? I just finished reading the rules so hopefully somebody who knows them can play me.

EDIT:I just found the most updated version today.

Linakage
Last edited by Loota on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Loota, the little goody-goody boy who likes to stay on-topic and only plays Orks because they make him feel like a bad-butt"-Jombo

"I nuke posts like it's 2012"-Asrodrig

Visit my Youtube channel: Lootaful
Yeah Loota was taken.

Grie Velorn
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Re: Vassal!

Post by Grie Velorn » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:57 pm

yay! Lets bash GW for shutting down something that promoted teal the Codex and rules offline :D! /jk.. sorta

Anyhow... I'll read up on the WarMachine rules and drop you a PM for a battle sometime. My brother might give you a PM sometime too, does this do MKI or MKII?
Space Wolves: 3000
Dark Eldar: 1000
Orks: 6000

Loota
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Loota » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Lol that's why PP offers there stuff for free anyway, it's gonna be torrented one way or another :P

Also this is Monsterpocalypse, and I'd rather wait till the Hordes MKII rules get finalized to play it.

Also this is the beta Vassal for Monsterpocalypse so it's kinda sketchy right now, it's just pictures of the models right now :P
"Loota, the little goody-goody boy who likes to stay on-topic and only plays Orks because they make him feel like a bad-butt"-Jombo

Yeah Loota was taken.

techunit
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by techunit » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:45 pm

Grie Velorn wrote:yay! Lets bash GW for shutting down something that promoted teal the Codex and rules offline :D! /jk.. sorta

This just isn't true. vassal does nothing of the sort. You need to have the rules and know them to use Vassal, it won't stop you from doing things, it has no intelligence, it all come from the players.

If players steal the rulebooks from the store, or infringe copyright and download them it is not Vassal's issue. Anyhow GW C&D'd them because of the images people were making to represent GW IP i.e dreadnoughts etc not because it held any rules.

Matter of fact a non lazy person good use vassal to play 40k anyway, and I don't mean with the files that have been released and spread through the Internet. I just mean in general sense that any game can be played in Vassal, a person would have to make the markers.

Grie Velorn

Post by Grie Velorn » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:57 am

Loota wrote:...Also this is Monsterpocalypse, and I'd rather wait till the Hordes MKII rules get finalized to play it...
Well um yes of course my eyes saw Monsterpocalypse and my brain said "WarMachine"... Anywho yea I'll still give it a shot I'll read it over and shoot you a PM when I feel like I know the rules well enough.
Space Wolves: 3000
Dark Eldar: 1000
Orks: 6000

Machinehead

Post by Machinehead » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:17 am

I'm reading this after less than 5 hours of sleep ,so play nice lol

I haven't tried Vassal, and really I'm not interested to. Personal preference is all.

Loota

Post by Loota » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:29 am

Updated with newest link

Yeah Loota was taken.

Return to “Monsterpocalypse”