What to get next

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
Sanchez Storm
MiniWarGaming Regular

What to get next

Post by Sanchez Storm » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:20 pm

I have an easterling force of:
Amdur
Dragon knight
War Priest
8 spears shield
16 shields
16 bows
5 kataprakts

I'm not sure what I want to get next, hence the title. I'm thinking of either going with mauhir and some urukai scouts, golden king of hard with some haradrim or barrow sights and spectres. I think they are all very interesting. Advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance :D
Lotr sbg : Easterlings 650ish points
Dwarves 700ish points

EmoAngels
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: What to get next

Post by EmoAngels » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:05 am

Well that depends if you want the models to complement your army tactically or to create a certain themed list you're thinking of. To be frank I don't really have much experience with evil armies. Personally I am quite fond of the Corsairs of Umbar as they have a very high fight value and have the option to take arbalesters, also Dalamyr Fleet Master of Umbar is pretty awesome. If you would rather go with Isengard, Vrasku with some Uruk-hai with crossbows would be a solid choice. Uruk-hai Berserkers can be very useful as almost anything they are thrown at will crumble (expect some of the hardier heroes). I hope this has come to some use.

EmoAngels
"I take this burden of this breakfast upon myself and I will not fear it, for I am breakfast incarnate..."-Konrad Curze/Walter White. One of the two. Probably.

Sanchez Storm
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Sanchez Storm » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:19 pm

do you think a mumakil would go good with this army?
Lotr sbg : Easterlings 650ish points
Dwarves 700ish points

serenajoseph
First post! Good job, now post more...

Post by serenajoseph » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:56 am

All of them make a good combination. Looks interesting.

francisco
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by francisco » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Playing with easterlings.... hmm you need to see which is youre best ally in this case.
If it was for me, I would probably go for harad, why?
- cheap, their infantry is cheap, mostly includes spear and bow allowing to support those iron buckets with high defence in combat.
- their cavalry is decent and also cheap, very good to flank enemies
- their poison arrows, which makes an outstanding skill giving you chances killing a couple more foes
- they give you variety, from corsairs to watchers and even the mahud and their half trolls and the mighty mumak. ( I wouldn´t take mumak in early games, at higher points yes)
- assassins, they are really nice.
- the nazguls the betrayer and the king of umbar, specially annoying and awesome nazguls to field in battle.
[youtube]gTWo9oLJOWk[/youtube]

Return to “Lord of the Rings”