LotR Army of the Dead 750 list

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
gorefangz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

LotR Army of the Dead 750 list

Post by gorefangz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:26 pm

so this is a really fun, fairly fast list. this is my first legal list, and i have only played once with it, and i won. tell me what you think.

hero
Prince imrahil w/armoured horse, lance, 155

king of the dead 100

warriors
9 warriors of the dead w/shields 144
6 warriors of the dead w/shields, spears 102
2 warriors of the dead w/banner 80
7 riders of the dead 168

total: 749 points.

so now heres what im thinking. i have a boromir model from the starter kit, (i have no others, i dont know where i got it but i do) so what i was thinking is if i take him as the 105 point variation, then i can send him up with the king so the the high fight will allow the king to make full use of his drain soul ability (intant kill if wounded). i was also thinking, if i just count him as aragorn, or if i end up getting aragorn, i could just take out the king as a whole (ive found that for 100 points, 1 attack, no might, and only a fight of 4, he isnt to great for his points. his only upside is his drain soul and def 8, although every warrior in this army exept riders have def 8, so its no better than a regular warrior.) so if i take aragorn, i could probably bring the force down to 12 or less guys so imrahil could lead them, then have aragorn alongside, it would be small, but pretty effective, puping out might like theres no tomorrow. so what do you guys think?
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

daslagtroll
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: LotR Army of the Dead 750 list

Post by daslagtroll » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Remember that each hero in your army can only lead up to 12 models and you have 2 heroes so you can only field 24 models
but other than that the force looks good
NEED MOAR BERZERKERS OF KHORNE!!!!
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Skull Throne!

francisco
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by francisco » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:18 pm

necro post 1 year after... unecessary comment.... man really?
[youtube]gTWo9oLJOWk[/youtube]

gorefangz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by gorefangz » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:08 am

All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.