Starting out.

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
brogge12
MiniWarGaming Regular

Starting out.

Postby brogge12 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:33 am

I have loved middle earth ever since I was in 3rd grade and I read the hobbit. Because the Hobbit was the first book I read I tend to favor hobbits, I would like to make an army of Hobbits and maybe some special characters, since I have never played LoTR strategy battle game before I was wondering if this was possible? and if it would be any fun? The new books and such also made me want to start playing.

SweetSorrow
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Starting out.

Postby SweetSorrow » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:44 am

it is possible, simply take one of the four named hobbits for a hero, some hobbits with bows and some with sticks plus some of their ranger protectors and voila, hobbit themed army.
Night Lords :3000[----------] 23 - 22 - 18
Hawk Lords: 17000 [----------]63 - 9 - 29
Tau: 3750 [----------] 45 - 15 - 71
Red Corsair: 750 [----------] 03 - 0 - 02
Necrons: 350 [----------]
Black Templar Successors (yet to be named) : ordered ----------

Loco9443
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Starting out.

Postby Loco9443 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:48 am

To start out I would really recommend buying the Mines of Moria starter kit. You get everything you need to play the game and if you are planning on starting a Hobbit army you get Frodo Sam Merry and Pippin in this set so its a good start for your heros.

As for other units you can get archers, Militia, Shirriffs and Respected Hobbits. Also one of my favorite Hobbits is Farmer Maggot as he comes with a set of dogs.
Please Check out and enjoy my Youtube Channel and Work in Progress from the Links below.

Youtube Channel

Work in Progress

Painting Pledges complete = 2

Return to “Lord of the Rings”