Help my cavalry

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Help my cavalry

Post by respect92 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:01 am

Hi again.
I need help. I play Rohan, because i love cavalry. But they always dies. What shall i do? How do u play with cavalry to be victorious? Please help my riders :cry:
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

Mortalitas
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Help my cavalry

Post by Mortalitas » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:29 pm

is this for wotr of sbg?
Please assume that i would be saying good day - but i live in england.
So its raining.
So its not a good day.

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Both:(
Best regards the Wallet

Lord of Edoras
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Lord of Edoras » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:17 am

You need to explain your situation. Every warrior in this game can die. How do you usually play? What kind of armies do you usually build? How many points?

Riders of Rohan (in SBG) are not easy to kill with bowfire, and in combat they do well against most enemies except Uruk-hai, elites, and monsters. Try using their throwing spears to your advantage using a hit-and-run tactic. Field heroes and call heroic moves in order to keep up the momentum of your charges.
Check out my LotR reviews on my YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/cla728

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:36 am

I usually fights against uruk-hai's. I put them in fight as fast as i can. I'm trying to take them out before they can surrond me. Because my bows are almost useless against them. But soon i maybe gonna fight against orcs or dwarfs.
Best regards the Wallet

Lord of Edoras
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Lord of Edoras » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 pm

He's probably beating you because Uruks have a higher fight value. Because Cavalry have bigger bases, your riders can be trapped easily, and you are easily outnumbered. Use throwing spears to harass the Uruks - stay just out of range. It will force him to split his force up, and then you charge. Use your further movement to your advantage by having some riders circle around and engage his pike men so that he can't benefit from pike support. Then make sure you have a hero near by and call a heroic move if you lose priority the next turn.
Check out my LotR reviews on my YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/cla728

daslagtroll
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by daslagtroll » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:19 pm

As soon as they game starts CHARGE as much as possible!!!!!!
on the charge you will have and extra attack and always buy throwing spears as they don't hinder your movement
also make sure you have a small warband of warriors of rohan with bows to provide a bit of support for them
NEED MOAR BERZERKERS OF KHORNE!!!!
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Skull Throne!

francisco
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by francisco » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:21 pm

2 years after -.-...
[youtube]gTWo9oLJOWk[/youtube]