Wanting to start playing LotR, any adivce?

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
Honourblade
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Wanting to start playing LotR, any adivce?

Post by Honourblade » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Hey guys,

My local is starting up a LotR tournament, and I am wanting to get involved, I always liked Minas Tirith, so I am going to go with them, problem is I don't understand a single part of he rules and what is good and what isnt.. Any advice would be appreciated! I want to run Aragorn if possible and the King of Eagles so it looks cool.. But I dont know normal point sizes and all that stuff.. Please help!
"Give no thought to failure, nor defeat - We are the children of Ulthuan and we shall prevail."

Current and only army: High Elves
- 6000 Points worth of models
- 2000 of 6000 Points painted
- 1850 of 4000 Points in progress

francisco
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Wanting to start playing LotR, any adivce?

Post by francisco » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:11 pm

well can be tricky

1st I advice you getting the sourcebook with the belonging army youre looking for.
Before you go into any tournament i do highly highly advice you to play games with friends 1st to get familiarized with the rules, the game aint hard to get but not 2 easy either.

Im just not giving you an example of a list cause youhave to be self judgement to see which units will fabour you or not and you know all tricks of your army...

You got kinda hasty wanting to jump on a tournament right there
[youtube]gTWo9oLJOWk[/youtube]

Honourblade
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Honourblade » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:41 am

Haha! I will be getting those this weekend, I just wasnt sure, cause I am torn between Minas and Elronds Household.. And it is a local escalation type league to get new players into the Hobbit

And yeah, sorry, just want to be able to win as opposed to learning through constant loss
"Give no thought to failure, nor defeat - We are the children of Ulthuan and we shall prevail."

Current and only army: High Elves
- 6000 Points worth of models
- 2000 of 6000 Points painted
- 1850 of 4000 Points in progress

francisco
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by francisco » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:52 am

you will learn more through constant loss rather trhan winning I can assure you that.
What 1 mistake is made it will hardly made the 2nd time, if you dont suffer from it you´ll never learn.
[youtube]gTWo9oLJOWk[/youtube]

Return to “Lord of the Rings”