A battle summary

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
respect92
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

A battle summary

Post by respect92 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:06 am

So, I played two games vs a new friend. Since this forum is dead I thougth I could post a game summary just for fun. This was a couple of weeks ago so I cant make a detailed batrep. I played Rohan both games. He was mordor first and easterlings second.

Game 1:
Take high ground.
I had 2 warbands.
Erkenbrand with some riders and sons of Eorl.
Grimbold with warriors with spears

He had 3 warbands.
Shagrat with mordor uruks and a troll
Captain with archers
Captain with normal orcs.

He started,
Shagrat arrived from east, archers from south and the captain with normal from west. All went straight for the objective in the middle.
My turn,
Erkenbrand arrived from south and wiped the archers in 3-4 turns. Grimbold came from west and it didny went that good.

When Shahrat and troll reached the hill my riders was almost there too. Grimbold succesfully made them broken. The troll fled before he could do amything. Erkenbrand almost wiped the ones at the hill.
Ended with 35-40 kills for me and 10-15 kills for him. I had control over the hill.
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

FDARaptor
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: A battle summary

Post by FDARaptor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:54 am

Do you play hobbit at all?

respect92
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:45 am

Yes.

Why you ask? :)
Best regards the Wallet

FDARaptor
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by FDARaptor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:19 pm

respect92 wrote:Yes.

Why you ask? :)
I want to acquire 2 small army's of either LOTR or Hobbit to change things up in my gaming group (Its only 2 of us lol). I want to know which one is easier to teach to a veteran Wargamer (he has played everything from both Warhammers to Warmahordes to Flames to Magic: you name it. Also which one do you find more enjoyable?

respect92

Post by respect92 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:30 am

The easiest would probably be Minas tirith. They having pretty basic troops and you get both quality and quantity. 2 boxes of warriors and two captains would give you a good starting army.
On the evil side Isengard is pretty easy. Two boxes and two captains for a 300 pts army. Thou you have to remove one warrior from each box. The uruks are now ournumbered 20 vs 25. But they having higher fight value amd strength so it would be even.
Best regards the Wallet

FDARaptor

Post by FDARaptor » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:30 am

respect92 wrote:The easiest would probably be Minas tirith. They having pretty basic troops and you get both quality and quantity. 2 boxes of warriors and two captains would give you a good starting army.
On the evil side Isengard is pretty easy. Two boxes and two captains for a 300 pts army. Thou you have to remove one warrior from each box. The uruks are now ournumbered 20 vs 25. But they having higher fight value amd strength so it would be even.

And that is LOTR?

respect92

Post by respect92 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:54 pm

To be honest, there is almost no difference between lotr and the hobbit. Only difference is a few more special rules, some changes (very small) in shooting. And some special rules have become better/bader. Magic got more attention in hobbit too.

But this works for both. :)
Best regards the Wallet

FDARaptor

Post by FDARaptor » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:07 pm

I thought GW discontinued the LOTR books?

respect92

Post by respect92 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:16 pm

The ''army-books'' (kingdoms of men, the free people, moria and angmar, mordor and the fallen realms) is still in use. Follow them for the characters they describe.
Best regards the Wallet

Return to “Lord of the Rings”