FURY!

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
respect92
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

FURY!

Post by respect92 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:10 am

So, Im not a very big fan of magical power. But lately ive been more and more interested in what you can do thanx to the new channeled magics. The one that catch my attention was "fury". If I remember corectly before it only gave a 6+ save. Not sure if it lasted the game or just one turn. Now on the other hand it gives a 6+ fate save and every MODEL of the same race automatically pass courage test. And channeled the fate is increased to 5+. Imagine two shamans within 6" of each other. You have a battle line of 18" that wont be broken. And one of 3 goblins/orcs wont be killed. What you think?
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

gorefangz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: FURY!

Post by gorefangz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:11 pm

that is kinda the point of fury. you take 2 shamans, a bunch of cheap captains, and a boat load of goblins.

i use a similar tactic with my arnor army. i have a couple rangers of the north, malbeth the seer, and the elf twins with bows, and they all lead rangers of arnour totaling to 24/25 models with bows, and malbeth gives a 5+ save to anyone within 6" its pretty legit.
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

respect92
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:33 am

I was realy thinking of the courage bonus. Without it 2 of 3 goblins gonna run away when beeing broken. The 5+ save is really good too. Exampel, you have a two warband with total of 24 goblins. On otheer place more then half your army beeing killed. Without the fury shamans 16 would have runned away (8 left). There you see why the courage thing is as good as the save. :)
Best regards the Wallet

francisco
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by francisco » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:40 pm

The most cheesy combo you can get its with the goblins and you dont need to expend might to roll the channeled version of the fury, all you need are shamans and groblog, his mithril crown makes fury tests on 5+ so you can save your precious might points on heroic moves and such...
[youtube]gTWo9oLJOWk[/youtube]

respect92

Post by respect92 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Youre rigth, before Hobbit update I thougth fury was kinda worthless. That meant Groblog wouldnt have been worth it. Now you add 20pts to one of your captains and get +1 defence, +1 migth and the mthril crown that make so you dont need to channel to get 5+. Saving one migth for each shaman. Thats brilliant! Thanx francisco!
Best regards the Wallet

francisco
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by francisco » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:17 pm

You want a cheesy list for goblins? pick this at 700pts

Its kinda boring after a few games cause its mostly the same tactics....

Warband 1
Durburz
3 gundabad blackshields
3 gundabad blackshields with spear

Warband 2
Moria Goblin Shaman
6 Moria goblins with shield
6 Moria goblins with spear

Warband 3
Groblog
5 Moria goblins with shield
5 moria goblins with spear

Warband 4
Goblin King
12 goblin town goblins

Warband 5
Moria Goblin Shaman
5 Moria goblins with shield
5 Moria goblins with spear

Warband 6
Moria Goblin Shaman

Warband 7
Grinnah
12 goblin town goblins

697pts

might points:15
models: 69

warband 1,2,3,4 its 499pts, remain goes to 700

Its a list with really alot of might and alot cannon fodder, but plenty goblins elite to get an headache, also you got the goblin king of goblin town, hes a real beast around, the goblin king of moria with 12" stand fast... and really alot might to supply your moves....
3 goblin shamans supply you with enough fury that can last plenty turns...
[youtube]gTWo9oLJOWk[/youtube]

Return to “Lord of the Rings”