Mirkwood 500pts WiP

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Mirkwood 500pts WiP

Post by respect92 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:25 am

So, Im gonna do a mirkwood army, havent started yet so gonna post my progress here. Will start at January 7 I think. Thou I have already decided the list:

Tauriel
-12 mirkwood rangers

Mirkwood ranger captain
- 11mirkwood rangers

487pts

I know I could add Another model in the captains warband for the Points I have left. But I want this to be a ranger only list. Gonna go with a black color-theme. Probably gonna add Another color to just to not make them completly black. I know this part of the forum is kinda dead. Gonna try and make some activity here. Not expecting any replies but any comments is much welcome.
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

EmoAngels
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Mirkwood 500pts WiP

Post by EmoAngels » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:52 pm

Looking forward to some pics. Are you thinking of getting Thranduil and/or Legolas?
"I take this burden of this breakfast upon myself and I will not fear it, for I am breakfast incarnate..."-Konrad Curze/Walter White. One of the two. Probably.

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi EmoAngels :D

Gonna post pics as soon as I have anything to show.
I dont plan on having Thranduil or Legols. Maybe Thranduil if I decide to expand the force. Also Im gonna use the female rangers only, at the start gonna use male to but when I have 23 I gonna get more boxes and use the female models.
Best regards the Wallet

EmoAngels
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by EmoAngels » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Cool. Why the Females if I may ask?
"I take this burden of this breakfast upon myself and I will not fear it, for I am breakfast incarnate..."-Konrad Curze/Walter White. One of the two. Probably.

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:38 pm

There is so many male armies. Thougth about make something different. Females :)
Best regards the Wallet

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:35 am

Sadly, Im not gonna make this army. Was a while since I last bougth anything at gw. nd the price are now just to high for my economy.
Best regards the Wallet

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Yea, i feel you Respect. I badly wanted to do an Orc Hunter army but i like you just found the cost to have raised much too much to justify it when there are so few players of LOTR anyway. i miss War of the Ring
Happy Wargaming
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:50 pm

Yeah. To be honest I dont know what GW is thinking. When I started play lotr, one box of 24 warriors costed half as much as the 12-pack of today. A 300% increase in the price. Sorry GW, here you have lost a customer :(
Best regards the Wallet

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Thats what got me to quit too, it is unreasonable for them to have done that. Increase the price yet half the box count? No thanks. Im not paying 300% more for half what i used to get
If they didnt want LOTR, or WOTR anytime this century, to be played they could have said so ;/
Happy Wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:51 am

R.I.P.
Best regards the Wallet

Thermo
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Thermo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:39 pm

On a positive note, still a cheaper GW game to get into than Warhammer Fantasy or 40k :)
Hobbit/LOTR Strategy Battle Game Content - http://www.youtube.com/gbhlpodcast

EmoAngels
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by EmoAngels » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:26 pm

I think for someone who has a job or can earn some form of pocket money the hobby becomes quite manageable (combined with potential birthday and Christmas money). Over a year a hero and a box of warriors or two can easily fulfill my hobbit needs as you get a lot of models for for a comparatively affordable amount of money. Not sure if you can advertise other forums here, but give The One Ring a look; for me it really encouraged me to continue with my hobby.

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:29 am

guess my problem is i might be able to overlook the cost if GW tried to promote or encourage LOTR. just for the cost there isn't anyone to play with ;/
Happy wargaming

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

phatonic
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by phatonic » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:16 pm

LOTR / hobbit is the cheapest game system GW offers and is easily obtained if you do what Angels said :P

Also..keep complaining about the US prices how dare yeh? Compare it to Australlia / norway
BE THERE KILLIN' BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE DAKKA BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE 'UMMIES? NO TEEF I TELL YEH! BAD FER BUISNEZH!

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:33 am

Well, you have right. Complaining about prices and such doent gonna make it cheaper.

But you cant compare it with 40k and fantasy. In lotr, almost any box include the pieces required to do the models on the box. If you want a squad of imperial guards with one flamer and one grenade launcher its still enough with one box. If you want a warband with 4 mirkwood rangers to add some range support, you still have to buy a box of 12. Well, Im a student atm but when I get a work I maybe gonna come back to the hobby. I realy Think its fun. Continue playing with my Mighty Rohan-cavalry :)
Best regards the Wallet