Adding Numenor to Minas Tirith

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
Peregrin
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entries

Adding Numenor to Minas Tirith

Post by Peregrin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:46 pm

I'm building a War of the Ring army with the Minas Tirith soldiers as my base.
To save money I've salvaged almost 4 companies of Numenoreans from my own collection and some of my friends (they either had the old starter sets or bought the Last Alliance boxes for the High Elves).
The rules include them in the Gondor & Arnor army list, and of course if you have the newer Kingdoms of Men book for the SBG, there's nothing to stop you from putting them alongside any Free People's force, if you have a captain to lead them.

However, I've always found it a little theme-breaking to have a force from thousands of years ago alongside my Warriors of Minas Tirith and led by Aragorn or Faramir.

I've decided to mod them into their own Fiefdom of Gondor, using the same rules as for Numenoreans of course. It has saved me some cash, and they're the cheapest cannon fodder you can put on an army of Gondor.

Check out the changes I've made in this 'Conversion' thread:

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 1&t=107211
Website - The Display Case - http://minidisp.blogspot.ca

francisco
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Re: Adding Numenor to Minas Tirith

Post by francisco » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:59 pm

you could play them as warrior of arnor, its pretty possible to get such alliance although aragorn and faramir wouldn´t be the leader till then, just way before em, unless you proxy some 1 similar to both by then
[youtube]gTWo9oLJOWk[/youtube]