Warband 200pts

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
respect92
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Warband 200pts

Post by respect92 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi all!

I thought that it would be fun to see what everybody would take if you can take one warband on 200pts from there main army. So if you want, post your warband here(pic would be nice to). I start:

Erkenbrand
6 Rohan Royal Guards
-3 w/ throwing spears
4 Warriors of Rohan
-3 w/ throwing spears and shield
-1 w/ banner
1 outrider
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

Hukoseft
Silver Vault Member

Re: Warband 200pts

Post by Hukoseft » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:46 am

from my main army?

from well the new army I'm building right now;

Lindir, Heavy Armour, Horse
5 Knights of Rivendell, Shields

can't post pics as they are WIP

you double my model count :P
Eldar: >4500
Dark Eldar: 4229

Elves (lotrs): 2000
More lotrs: >10k

High Elves: 2000

Retribution: ~100

Attack of the Elves

gorefangz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by gorefangz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:24 pm

this is mine, i know it isnt 1 warbad, but this is my 200 point army for a tourny my gw was going to have.

captain of dol amroth
warrior of the dead shield and spear
gwaihir
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Magnus01 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:20 am

for my Goblin town goblins i use:

1x Grinnah - 40pts
9x Goblin warriors - 36pts

1x Goblin captain - 35pts
9x Goblin warriors - 36pts

1x Scribe - 50pts

197pts - Total

For my Erebor dwarfs I have a very elite list and mainly for fun but may as well show you any way

1x Thorin w/Orcrist 10pts, Oaken Sheild 5pts - 115pts
7x Grim Hammers - 77pts

192pts - Total

Now if you dont mind me de-railing a bit but still keeping on the topic, what would be a good Mordor 200pts list and a competitive 200pts Erebor dwarfs list. Sorry if it de-rails it a bit and if you want i can come back and delete this part if you want respect92.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

francisco

Post by francisco » Sat May 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Not sure how effective your erebor dwarf list is.
I know Thorin is a big deal to kill goblins, but youre largely outnumbered and grimhammers not that good, they <are decent lets say, but the options of the weapon fight style only benefits greatly if you want to tag in thorin i na fight, and he can´t be everywhere, the goblins o nthe other hand their special attacks dont actually makes them worst, they got a puny defence and fight value, so they will always use the weapons special skills, which in case they win + numbers will certaintly maul even the sturdiest grim hammer :/

My recommendation is to, or give a character that totally rocks and hes really really hard to kill and can chew through ranks or simply invest on cheaper ones to balance even more for your side.

If I wanted to make some war on this, maybe getting hmmm

Some thorin´s company dwarves, some are cheap and get usefull skills, and maybe another warband just regular dwarf warriors or dwalin.
If I was just for dwarves well.... expensive but the kings champion is hard as a rock to break even for puny goblins would chunk a large problem to handle him and his heralds.
[youtube]gTWo9oLJOWk[/youtube]

Magnus01

Post by Magnus01 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:15 am

Thanks for the tips francisco. The Erebor Dwarf list was just meant to be a little bit of themed fun and not a very serious list but the statements you made about the goblin list alarmed me and brought my attention that I had no powerful Characters and only hoards (not much there but more would of come from the scribe). So for that I thank you a lot.

I don't know what character to put for my goblins however due to the only powerful goblin town character that comes to mind is the goblin king and he is 120pts taking up 60% of the list.

For the dwarfs would a king's champion or Dwalin with a few standard dwarf warriors from the free peoples codex be a good 200pts? Also would a few Erebor warriors be just as the warriors good due to good defence and spears?

Also would this be a good 200pts Mordor list?:

1x Shagrat, War leader of Cirith Ungol - 110pts

1x Mordor Ork Shaman - 50pts
8x Ork Warrior - 40pts

I thought it would be good due to a strong hitting character with hyped up Ork warriors (due to shaman's furry) supporting him with him. Any good?
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon May 27, 2013 5:36 pm

For Angamr I usually can get
2x Warg Chieftan
10x Wargs
or 1x Warg Chieftan
10x Wargs
2x Barrow Wights
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Return to “Lord of the Rings”