Getting started with Uruk-Hai, Gondor or Elves

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Getting started with Uruk-Hai, Gondor or Elves

Post by easycompany » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 pm

A local guy is selling quite a lot of LotR stuff at the minute and I'm thinking of buying some stuff off him but I have no idea how many or what models I'd need to get playing. The easiest thing to do is just post the list of what's for sale and hope for replies

URUK-HAI
- Saruman and Grima
- Lurtz
- Uruk-hai Command Include Banner
- 11 Uruk-hai Siege Troops includes ladders and bomb
- 2 Uruk-hai Berserker
- 4 Uruk-hai w/ Crossbows
- 12 Uruk-hai Scouts
- 43 Fighting Uruk-hai
Plus extra Bits

Elfs & Gondor
- Elrond and Gil-Galad
- Glorfindel Foot and Mounted
- 1 Elf Banner
- 23 Elf Warriors Include Bows
- Legolas
- Aragorn
-11 gondor Models

So what's good what's bad? I'm not looking on spending too much, I'll see what he'll take for them

Cheers guys!
easy
Curahee!

WargamingPLUS
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Getting started with Uruk-Hai, Gondor or Elves

Post by WargamingPLUS » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Both of the armies are very good for starting out. If it were me i would go with the Urak-Hai army because you get alot of points a variety of units and they are also very strong fighters.

dh1992
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by dh1992 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:27 am

They're both good ones but I agree with the previous comment. I'd go Uruk Hai because I've always found them really powerful however when I've asked for help on what armies to start with online is to go with the one you like!
Tabletop Workshop on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tabletop- ... 81?fref=ts

Tabletop Workshop on Twitter! https://twitter.com/TabtopWorkshop ;)

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:51 pm

There is life in our section yet. I would really say it depends on what army you prefer just keep in mind you need 1 commander and 5 grunts at least to constitute one warband. and you must have atleast one warband.
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

easycompany
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by easycompany » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:19 am

Looks like I'm gonna go for the Elves and Gondor. It's the cheaper deal and right now I'm planning on recreating the scenario (board, armies, terrain the whole lot!) of the Last Alliance from the Fellowship of the Ring Journey Book to introduce my friends to the game
Curahee!

Return to “Lord of the Rings”