Knights of Rohan.

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Knights of Rohan.

Post by respect92 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:05 am

So, I come over a box of Dol Amroth knights really cheap. So I bought them. But Im not playing fiefdoms. The human army I play is Rohan. Then it hit me, I convert them and make a new unit called Knights of Rohan. First I removed all swan-markings, then took heads from Rohan warriors with throwing spears. Cutted of the tip of the lances and replaced the tip with Rohan throwing spear tip. I also took the shield from the warriors. If I shall be honest they turned out pretty good. Im using them as sons of Eorl with lances and cost 25pts each.

"In the time of war, the best riders in Rohan is equping themselfs with big lances and the best armour the blacksmiths of Rohan can offer. They rides into battle on horses with heavy bardings but still they outrun the light cavalry. These are the knights of Rohan. The arrival of these proud men have turned a bitter defeat into a glorius victory"

Move: 6"
Fight:4/4+
Strength:4
Defence:6
Attacks:2
Wounds:1
Courage:4

Wargear:
Heavy armour, Shield, Lance and mounted on a Pureblood steed (armoured horse with a 12"move)

What do you think?
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

EmoAngels
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Knights of Rohan.

Post by EmoAngels » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:11 am

They look pretty strong for 25 points. The issues I have is that they are strength 4 and have 2 attacks. If you look at say mounted Swain knights; for 5 points you are getting an extra strength, extra attack and slightly faster movement speed. Instead of making them more points maybe think about lowering some of their stats. Just my two cents, but it looks like a cool idea.
"I take this burden of this breakfast upon myself and I will not fear it, for I am breakfast incarnate..."-Konrad Curze/Walter White. One of the two. Probably.

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 pm

This is an exakt copy of Sons of Eorl. But I gave them lances. Sons of Eorl cost 22 points. So 3 points for a lance. I think this is good.
Best regards the Wallet

imperialork3
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by imperialork3 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:55 am

i wanna see some pics, agree with emo about maybe dropping the strength or attacks. maybe make the faster as well to make them seem more the elites of rohan.
"Someone who is smart learns from their mistakes, but the smarter man learns from the mistakes of others"

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:19 am

I wanted them to be best cavalry in game while Rohan is the home of the horselord.
Compared to Swan knights, they arent having Dol Aroth for Gondor so there I think its even. Yes, they are strong, but also costy. can only have 4 in a hundred points. I dont have them here nut I can post them when I get them.
Best regards the Wallet

imperialork3
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by imperialork3 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:02 am

i thought maybe faster but not as good at fighting as swans, thinking gondor more of the warrior
"Someone who is smart learns from their mistakes, but the smarter man learns from the mistakes of others"

something
Bronze Vault Member

Post by something » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:50 pm

They are very over powered. You get three attacks at fight 4 on the charge, and then double that when rolling to wound. Plus they're strength five. I would increase them to about 27-29 points
I hate you forever now-Clabbage

francisco
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by francisco » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:25 pm

I agree with something, 6A if you win fight and toll enemy on the floor with the lances rule its kinda 2 much to ask from this guys.... I which there could be more cavalary like this, would be very scary
[youtube]gTWo9oLJOWk[/youtube]

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:22 pm

My camera out of battery atm. But as soon as its recharged I gonna take some pics.
Best regards the Wallet

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:08 pm

Today I visited my dad so I could get these knights. Its still a WiP but its a start. You getting a hint on the coloursheme for theme.

Pic:
Best regards the Wallet