Lotr tactics (Moria)

Delve into the world of Middle Earth and discuss tactics, strategies, and anything you want about the Lord of the Rings Battle Strategy Game.
respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Lotr tactics (Moria)

Post by respect92 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:23 pm

The fiefdoms tactics are Wip by EmoAngels.
Here comes Moria by me.

First I will list all heroes/warriors with there pros and cons. Also gonna comment upgrades and special rules.
Please feel free to add your own tactics and c&c is welcome!

============================================================

Durburz, the goblin king of Moria

Pros:

-pretty cheap
-3 might
-fight 4
-cave dweller
-Iron fist

Cons:

-5'' move
-fight 4
-2 attacks

Cave Dweller:

This have turned out to be a really useful spec. rule. With the slow movement you dont want just stand still a complete round and watch your enemy outmanouver you even easier. Or fall down from a wall isnt fun for enyone.

Iron Fist:

Really great. As you all know low courage is one of the two things that goblins dont have. Still he only have courage 4 but 2 will. This should make him stay on the field for a couple of turns, hopefully but on a roll of lower then 4 he gonna run even if you use both will.

Druzhag the beastcaller

Pros:

-Cave Dweller
-Master of the Dark wild
-5 will
-Enrage beast!

Cons:

-5'' move
-Defence 4

Cave Dweller:

see Durburz

Master of the Dark wild:

Well, this rule I would be completly okay to skip for a lower price. Its good if your gonna take a Beast(wargs, bats and spiders)-strong army. The speed you get with the beasts gonna make this rule not working most time. You dont want to waste that 10''/12'' move to 5'' just to have incresed courage.

Bestial fury:

As I comment in ''Master of the Dark wild'' you probably not gonna have them in range to be affected. And also, I dont think fury is very worty in the first place.

Enrage beast:

This magical power is just epic. +3 fight, strength, attacks and courage. Say you use it on a giant spider. This make a creature with fight 7, 5 attacks and strength 8. Bye bye to most heroes. Togheter with a bat even Gil-galad can say good-bye. They say spider, so then you could use it on the spider queen too. that would result in fight and strength 9! If she charge she get 6 attacks to win and 12 to wound. Do I need to say more. Yes it takes one strength 10 after the fight but on a normal spider they still have one wound left. If they have lost it earlier its still not that big deal. Losing 20 points and one will for taking down their strongest hero. :twisted:

Groblog

Pros:

-Cave Dweller
-The mothril crown
-3 migth

Cons:

-expensive
-5'' move
-same stats as a captain with shield

Cave Dweller:

see Durburz

The mithril crown:

What? seriosly? pay 15 points for incresing the fury from 6+ to 5+ (and one might). If you dont have any shaman those points are wasted. If you have a shaman, its not gonna make that big change. save one extra goblin per 6.

Wild Warg chieftain

Pros:

-strength 6
-10'' move
-3 wounds
-3 will
-cheap for his stats
-Terror

Cons:

-1 might
-packlord
-2 attacks
-defence 5

Terror:

Terror is always good.

Packlord:

This is not a very good thing but not bad either. You probably not gonna have any other creatures then wargs that would follow him anyway.

Moria Goblin Captain

Pros:

-CHEAP!
-2 might
-Cave Dweller

Cons:

-Move 5''
-Fight 3 Pfft
-Courage 3

Cave Dweller:

see Durburz

Orc Bow:

I dont think so. For five points you could get a normal goblin and they are as good (or bad) at shooting as the captain. I know that they dont have might as the Captain, but why should you waste those points on shooting. The only reason why I would give him a bow is if you want another archer but your bowlimit stops you (heroes dont count). Then use him togheter with your other archers and spend the mights on heroic shoot.

Shield:

If you cant take more goblins, yes. If you can take more goblins,

More heroes will come...

Your much welcome to comment and give some critique if you think I'm wrong. :)
Last edited by respect92 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Lotr tactics (Moria)

Post by SweetSorrow » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Good work Respect looks good. Especially good combo is enrage beast with a wild warg chieftain >:D
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Sanchez Storm
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Sanchez Storm » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 pm

I lime your points about grobolg. It makes sense with the fury.
Lotr sbg : Easterlings 650ish points
Dwarves 700ish points

imperialork3
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by imperialork3 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:38 pm

really cool, we need to get these stickied
"Someone who is smart learns from their mistakes, but the smarter man learns from the mistakes of others"

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:11 am

You mean one sticky for each tactic?
Best regards the Wallet

SweetSorrow
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:22 am

Yea

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:42 am

Not a bad idea.
Btw, are you working on yours tactics?
Best regards the Wallet

SweetSorrow

Post by SweetSorrow » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:53 am

Argh, been trying to get some games in as a refresher and for testing out some of the units I haven't taken, however my Parents kinda said no till Internship and College stuff is done... could always start with the things I do know I guess.

Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:27 am

Great :)

studies always comes first in my opinion.
Best regards the Wallet