It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: lotr army
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:42 pm 
Bronze Vault Member

Hello,

I have a few lotr miniatures around since that is what got me into teh hobby (tough i didnt paly them that much). What i wanted to build is a warriors of the last alliance army and later on a mordor force to put on the other side of the table. I have the rulebook from the MoM set and the Forces of ME book and also the gondor in flames book. Now the last two are kind of obsolete with teh new realeses (right?) so i was wonderign what i should buy next (apart from the free peoples book).

I have:
A box of WOTLA, isildur, elrond, Elendil, 3 high elf spearmen, elf command blister, gilgalad (tough his spear is broken).

on the evil side i have:
a few starter goblins (tough i dont think they are themed so i wont be using them i guess), 1 box of morannon orcs, cave troll from the mom set, about 4 ringwraiths on foot.

For the good side. what should i buy next to get to a nice point level (think 600 is a bit standard for a smaller game right?). i guess another box of WOTLA but what els? what hero would be good for such a smaller points level? Any ideas for a working list? It doesnt have to be very competetive but fun and themed workable :-)

Thanks for the help!

Check out my Tyranid or Necron w.i.p.

Post subject: Re: lotr army
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:44 pm 
MiniWarGaming Regular

You have a lot of good heroes. My advice would be to get another box of WOTLA then get another elf spear package, if you wanted to get something else then go for the numenorian spear blister pack