It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 am 
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Hey guys, I collect Gondor and when I saw the new release of the Knight of the White Tower I really wanted it. HOWEVER I wont to know it is worth it. Has anyone had any experience with him?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:52 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
unfortunately ive never used him before, but what i can tell you is that unless you are going to be using the rest of the models in the kit, get elendil instead, he looks like the white tower guy, but only costs 15$.

now as for his rules on paper, from using similar heroes (such as king of the dead killing outright, similar to the double wounds) it is very much of a win/lose situation. it can go either way. what you wan to do with this guy, is get him near a fight 6 guy so you can win fights easier, then just roll and if you deal 2 wounds on a troll, you do4 instead and kill him. although, difference between this guy and the king, this guy has might, which is always good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:32 pm 

The knight of the tower is awesome if you know how to use him. He isn't going to waltz around like a one-man wrecking crew or anything, but if you put him in the right places with the right support, he will pretty much win you the game. A must have for any Gondor army, IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:45 am 

kaliastro wrote:
The knight of the tower is awesome if you know how to use him. He isn't going to waltz around like a one-man wrecking crew or anything, but if you put him in the right places with the right support, he will pretty much win you the game. A must have for any Gondor army, IMO.

Ok thanks. I'm rather new to the whole LOTR game so I'm not 100% on how to pair up with supporting etc. Whats a good option for the Knight? Spearmen?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:51 pm 

Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Falcon96 wrote:
kaliastro wrote:

Ok thanks. I'm rather new to the whole LOTR game so I'm not 100% on how to pair up with supporting etc. Whats a good option for the Knight? Spearmen?
you will probably want him with a f6 guy for the extra fight because most things with enough wounds to make his sword matter, will have f6. (trolls 'n things) and yes, specifically pikemen because if he has 4 attacks, (2 plus 2 spporting) he will be so amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:52 pm 

gorefangz wrote:
Falcon96 wrote:
kaliastro wrote:

you will probably want him with a f6 guy for the extra fight because most things with enough wounds to make his sword matter, will have f6. (trolls 'n things) and yes, specifically pikemen because if he has 4 attacks, (2 plus 2 spporting) he will be so amazing.

cheers :D You've been a great help!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:27 am 

Um... Not sure here. The link is kinds making me wanna click on report

edit* ignore this post.

Last edited by Falcon on Wed May 30, 2012 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:58 am 

im not sure what you mean.. is it about me? could you be a bit more specific please?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:13 am 

Nah, it was a bot. But I reported it. Probably should have gven a heads up. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:19 am 

oh ok, :p well anyway, back on topic, it is hard to go wrong with a knight of the white tower or other similar things.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:34 pm 
First post! Good job, now post more...

This is mine favourite and i love to watch it,thanx for sharing. :D